Stuart Maynard Press Conference Pre Barrow.

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Stuart's press conference for the Barrow Match.

• Like 4

• Robbie changed the title to Stuart Maynard Press Conference v Barrow.

Supporter+

Stuart gave a press conference today talking about his preparation for the visit of Barrow on Saturday. 

Stuart described how he was settling in to his new job and what he thought he needed to work on with the team to improve the defensive frailties of the team.

He talked about the threat Barrow could pose too.

Stuart also talked about how the new players were settling in and the injured list, and how they were progressing. Stuart wanted to ensure they had time to recover fully and not rush back before they were ready.

It seems that Stuart has identified some of the reasons why the team has been conceding so many, and he has been working on "little tweaks" with the players. It appears that we may see small changes to the shape and tactics on Saturday when going forward.

Looking forward to the game. It's going to be fascinating.

• Like 4

• Robbie changed the title to Stuart Maynard Press Conference Pre Barrow.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Stuart Maynard said all the right things, he shows an understanding of the players and opposition.

It's also good that he now has had extended time with the players, I like that he sees that the team defensively just needs a bit of guidance. I am hoping the lads come out strong and manage to put on a good showing. The first win will be crucial, again it's a cliché but in terms of new management it's very important.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i am still getting used to someone other than luke williams talking about the club. :crying:

stuart maynard comes across as you would expect, he sounds like he has been watching the players train more than he has been encouraging them do things the way he wants. i am sure he is offering guidance but i think more of that will come from having watched a game with his own eyes. i am hoping he shows a strong touchline presence as this would be a huge positive. i thought luke williams did well most of the time on the sideline but ian burchnall and neil ardley were that great. they seemed more happy with how things were heading without any real concepts of seeing out games or changing them.

i really hope maynard is stronger in this department as once we go two goals down it does seem the game is over, no matter if we can get further goals. we just go on to concede. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  702
  • Days Won:  0

Stuart Maynard’s pre-match interview was insightful, giving fans plenty to ponder. His concise and detailed responses make it easy to understand his perspective. His appointment is indeed exciting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+
24 minutes ago, themightymagpies said:

Stuart Maynard’s pre-match interview was insightful, giving fans plenty to ponder. His concise and detailed responses make it easy to understand his perspective. His appointment is indeed exciting.

Good one.👍👍

• Like 1

Supporter+

At last we've arrived at the day where Stuart Maynard will take his first match for Notts as Head Coach, against Barrow at Meadow Lane.

Good luck Stuart. We are all behind you and your team.

• Like 1