Fact of the day : Matty Palmer

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Can’t argue with the fact that our season has fallen apart since Matty got injured. I’m trying to think of the sides in the past that have been so dependent on one key player and seen results seriously drop off without them, Bryan Robson at Utd and Stevie G at Liverpool are the ones that spring to mind but there are bound to be others.

You can’t replace the irreplaceable, you have to adapt your side and style. We have failed to do that.

• Like 5

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

A very revealing Statistic.

Just demonstrates how valuable and an influence Matt Palmer is to us.

It's very unlucky to have him out of the side for so long, however Stuart & his team has to find a way to negate his loss, & I believe in the last two matches he's trying to do just that. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I said at the time that the loss of Matt Palmer impacted our form and how his absence would be a big task to find cover. I thought Dan Gosling may have fitted in nicely, but he was largely disappointing. Scott Robertson seems to be improving, but it's more about how we adjust tactics or give individual player instructions during games, as we won't find another Palmer. Certainly not someone who can be simply replaced in a like-for-like manner.

Also, I think it's worth noting that the amount of bad injures would have played a part because they all seemed to come at points where our momentum was picking up.

I am sure lessons can be learnt from this, but it's not all about recruitment - it's about understanding the squad at your disposal and how someone else can come in, bringing their own game in a way that compliments everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Love 1