The Notts issues

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man as we have discussed before, there are different types of man management, I believe Maynard is a decent Man Manager otherwise he wouldn't have spent so long at Wealdsone as Head Coach.

Lots of evaluation is done when recruiting a manager whether it be Football or industry. I'm sure this would have been same at Notts.

It wasn't just the case of a quick interview and he gets the job, there may have been up to three interviews completed, with various tests done to determine how a candidate may cope with situations, what sort of person they are, what sort of management style they have, can they cope with stress, and can they communicate well with staff and the press.

The Reedtz brothers would have known what type of Manager they wanted & it is clear that the Reedtz brothers like Stuart's style so I think we just need to trust their judgement. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

its really good to have you back, @Piethagoram. this is exactly the reason why we missed you and why you are such an important member of the community. thanks for the detailed response.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm starting to think if Notts were able to play with a level of calmness, much of our defensive mistakes would be greatly reduced. It's difficult to put aside that mental pressure you have, from expectations and disappointment over previous mistakes. I am sure all the players from one time or another dwell on a mistake which has proven costly and whilst they're professionals - they are still humans.

This is why I don't think fans getting onto the backs of players is fair, especially when it is clear that the player isn't performing underpart due to not caring but because of everything that comes with attempting to be successful.

Some players can cope with pressure, others don't. At our level, I think it is perfectly normal that it will have more bearing on their form and ability. Otherwise, I am sure more of our current squad would be competing higher up the Football League. In the short term, it's easy to come up with solutions or notice things which are causing problems, but it's only in hindsight that things can become a lot clearer. Reflecting on how woeful we have been at times, for me is the way that our passing back tends to put the pressure on yourself even when we are retaining the ball well.

The reliance we have on passing the ball back, needs to sometimes come at the cost of attempting to be creative going forward.

I have seen a noticeable increase in defending, from players who it might not come so naturally too. Such as Jodi Jones, who did very well at times against Walsall and some of the times he cut them out, it stopped them from breaking at us.

We have players who can pick the ball back up and win it, another player who has been fairly criticised is John Bostock. Again, I thought he did his role superbly against Walsall and since returning to the team, he does seem to have that spark back. Perhaps he was just jaded from playing so much, that his performances weren't to the level we have become to know, but it is good to see him doing well.

When one or two players perform beneath their ability, it will create problems and that's why next season I hope we can balance the squad out better. Build a team where we have depth in case of injuries and ability that is ready to be called upon when needed. Given the time, this is ideally where some of our own youngsters would fall into the category as a way to get them first team experience and further minutes under their belt.

The percentage stat of how we enjoy so much possession is a good thing, but we must learn to use this to our advantage. Teams get frustrated when they can't get the ball, whilst we need to avoid injuries, we do need to be a little braver that some challenges may result in the officials giving cards. This is just common sense that teams avoid losing players due to suspension, but we never really take advantage of it. Be calm at the back; this will allow the creative players within our team to do their jobs without worries of what they lose the ball. In turn, it would create a more winning mentality, whilst I think one or two players in the defensive department would make a difference. We don't have a bad squad and hopefully, now the players are showing signs to adapting to Stuart Maynard we will continue to see these improvements on the field.

• Like 1