9 points from a possible 42 under Stuart Maynard. Can he survive?

Robbie

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

Reading your words Fozzy  the Sad Truth is you're Absolutely Right. Why prolong the Fans agony of having to watch a Head Coach who's out of his Depth, he must realise himself he's Not Up To The Job he can say that he gave it a go and he failed, but that's Life and he should learn from his Mistake. And Robbie we all know the Notts players should give their all the Trouble is Do They Know That? From what I can gather the Magpies were already beaten by Half Time at Swindon and That Should Never Be The Case of any Professional Footballer. I must admit a Day out with the Family Monday does sound more Appealing than watching Notts Go Through the Motions of another Defeat.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Unfortunately @Robbie, I think the players want him gone also, so have down tools until he has been sacked. The mistakes they’re now making are almost too stupid not to be staged.

• Sad 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I get what you are saying  @Fozzy and many will feel the same, but in all my years of supporting Notts and seeing the ups as well as the downs, and there has been plenty of the downs,

I have celebrated when Notts have done well and continued to support them the same through the ups as well as the downs.

I'm sure that there will still be a bumper Bank Holiday attendance on Sunday to give the lads support. Mk Dons will bring a quite a few to the game too, so there should be a good atmosphere.

The Club has given us great entertainment over the last couple of years, and now they need all the support we can give them to help them to turn things around and just try to finish the season with some encouraging results, even though it may already have been decided that changes will be made in the close season.

• Like 1

Supporter+

It's a vital game today for Stuart Maynard and the team.

If MK Dons win today it would be a sixth straight home defeat for Notts which would be a very unwelcome record in our Club's history.

Will this be Maynard's last match in charge of Notts?

No matter what the result, I'm sure the Reedtz brothers will stick with him.

I hope that we see a bumper bank holiday crowd at the Lane today to cheer our team on to a vital win.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I have no faith in Stuart Maynard. There I said it. If SM is in charge next season, we'll be rock bottom by October. The obvious choice to replace him doesn't have a job at the moment. Drum roll please......John Coleman. JC will whip the squad into shape. We'll be solid at the back and decent going forward. He'll have us challenging for promotion. We need to snap him up before someone else does. Sorry SM, you are a nice guy but completely out of your depth. 

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Dripsey3 said:

I have no faith in Stuart Maynard. There I said it. If SM is in charge next season, we'll be rock bottom by October. The obvious choice to replace him doesn't have a job at the moment. Drum roll please......John Coleman. JC will whip the squad into shape. We'll be solid at the back and decent going forward. He'll have us challenging for promotion. We need to snap him up before someone else does. Sorry SM, you are a nice guy but completely out of your depth. 

I've got a feeling now that the brothers will stick with Maynard if the last 5 games have positive outcomes.

He will have a stay of execution after today’s result, but unless we beat Harrogate at the weekend he should go ASAP. Notts still don’t have a home win in 2024 which is a shocking statistic and we are in a worst state now than we were when he took over. 
We cannot risk him being in charge at the start of next season, it will cripple the club financially. 9 points out of 42 is the only statistic that needs examining, not the odd decent performance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

@Fozzy

The defence is letting Notts down, 2 defensive errors again today. Maynard cannot be blamed for that.

We have to give Maynard credit for his team selection today and his substitutions.

Don't you think the team were playing for Stuart today because the majority of comments on social media say that the players are by the evidence of what we saw today?

Remember, Williams couldn't fix the defensive problems and he had a lot of say at the beginning of the season regarding recruitment. He didn't fix the problems although he has plenty of opportunity to do so. Then he skidaddled to Swansea and they are not setting the Championship alight either.

I think the owners will keep Stuart and allow him to work with the recruiters to get the right players in. 

In his press conference he hinted that work is already in progress to do just that.

4 hours ago, Dripsey3 said:

IThe obvious choice to replace him doesn't have a job at the moment. Drum roll please......John Coleman. JC will whip the squad into shape. We'll be solid at the back and decent going forward. He'll have us challenging for promotion. We need to snap him up before someone else does. 

I don't think he's suitable. He got the sack from Accrington a few weeks ago.

Yes @Robbiedefensive errors again, but why are they making more now than they were under LW? 
We are playing more negative football than we were under Luke, but rather than improve the defence by it he’s had a detrimental effect on the attack.

inescapable fact, we are a worse team under Maynard and results have shown it.

Supporter+

@Fozzy Just checked the statistics of Williams and Maynard's last 14 matches, goals conceded and scored.

Williams 14 matches 24 goals conceded.

Maynard 14 matches 27 conceded.

Goals conceded very similar.

No one was clamouring for Williams to be sacked and he had more than enough time to sort things out.

Williams 14 matches,  scored 27

Maynard 14 matches, scored 20

Goals scored  not much difference too.

This squad only knows how to attack, it's what Luke preached.

Very hard to get a team to play differently.. Luke couldn't do it.

At least Maynard has tried to make changes but individual mistakes have cost Notts.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

@Robbie The goals against are pretty similar, but Maynard has still had 12.5% more goals against vs Williams.  The goals for is rather more with Williams' team scoring 35% more goals than Maynard's.  That probably reflects the attempts to tighten up at the back (which clearly haven't worked well.  It probably also reflects that the team is very much built in Williams' style that the more you attack the less opportunity you have to concede... which with our propensity to gift goals only works to a certain extent.  I'm not sure how much Williams actually tried to get the team playing differently.  We are a very well drilled team. I think they have practiced and practiced certain patterns over and over, and changing those patterns (which I think Maynard is trying to do as alluded to by Chicksen) will disrupt everything, which is what we are seeing.  Then our tendency to implode becomes more exposed since we aren't firing on all cylinders.  If Maynard had had a pre-season I don't think that we would be in this position now (fans would still hate him for being Part time and  a BT Employee though). 

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+
18 hours ago, Robbie said:

I've got a feeling now that the brothers will stick with Maynard if the last 5 games have positive outcomes.

I think you are spot on and I think they will stick with him for a good 3 months next season, regardless of results. 

• Like 1

18 points gained though @Robbie instead of 9. 9 points in 14 games, you can’t get away from the fact that is an awful return and a damning verdict on the head coach, it is not just relegation form, it is cast adrift form and has made Notts the worst EFL side in the country.
If a new coach cannot make a side better (or at least as good) after a third of the season, look for someone better. 

Supporter+
4 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

18 points gained though @Robbie instead of 9. 9 points in 14 games, you can’t get away from the fact that is an awful return and a damning verdict on the head coach, it is not just relegation form, it is cast adrift form and has made Notts the worst EFL side in the country.
If a new coach cannot make a side better (or at least as good) after a third of the season, look for someone better. 

I totally understand what you are saying @Fozzy and statistics don't lie. I'm just putting my self in the shoes of the Reedtz brothers who always seem to take the pragmatic approach to things.

I just think they will keep Maynard till the end of the season and through the summer, to build a changed side, and will give him 10 games at the beginning of next season. 

• Robbie changed the title to 9 points from a possible 42 under Stuart Maynard. Can he survive?