Update from Notts County Board of Directors

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,460
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

End of the Statement from the Board 

"We ask you to continue your brilliant support of Stuart and the team between now and the end of the campaign".

• Like 2

Supporter+

Having just read the statement from the board, it is clear to me that they believe the performance of the team over the season, merited a higher position than where Notts find themselves now 

It is also clear they are behind Stuart Maynard and the team.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,137
  • Days Won:  17

Well it seems that the appalling 2024 results haven't gone unnoticed by the Board which is a Good Sign. And hopefully the Metrics that's been studied shows which players need replacing and which positions need Strengthening particularly in Defence. It would also seem Maynard is going to stay, however how this will affect Season Ticket Sales Remains to be Seen. To get dissatisfied Fans back on side I think Notts and Maynard  are going to have to Win their last Five Games. Injuries have played apart in Notts Decline, which is an indication there needs to be a Greater Depth in the Notts Squad, however that doesn't mean the Board going out and buying Players Willy Nilly as under past owners, but reading the report the Brothers are well aware that the Club's Financial Stability is First and Foremost.

There is a plan Liverpool have adopted under Jurgen Klopp which if it isn't being done at the Lane, perhaps could be put into practice. That is all players both senior and youth  plus their Coaches all eat together and talk and discuss things and how to adopt to the way the Head Coach wants the team to play tactically, so not only Fringe players (when they get the chance) can easily slip into their role when they're required it's the same for the Youth Team. This is how the Liverpool youngsters helped the Reds beat Chelsea in the League Cup Final. Imagine if Notts did the same, so even the Magpies youngsters could fit seamlessly into the Notts system .It's Nice To see We Fans have been praised for our support Now we need something to cheer again. I would hope though it's Not Expected that Notts will run away with the Title next season if they are Promoted all Well and Good, bit it's not the End of the World if they Don't. C.O.Y.P.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What the statement says to me is that our club is in good hands and will be run sustainably, we won’t be buying our way out of he division and spending money we haven’t got to achieve success. It also says that Stuart Maynard is with us for the foreseeable future so hopefully puts an end to all the silly speculation that has been going on for the past few weeks. It’s time we the fans get behind the owners, Stuart and the team as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I just want to say I'm not a big fan of SM but it's not his fault I think we should just gets some defenders in next season and see what happens

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Ok, this goes a lot further than the standard vote of confidence from the board!

It sounds almost evangelical, bordering on hubristic. I don't see anything wrong with sticking with possession football (that's what this squad was built for after all), but we do need more players capable of carrying it out. I hope the owners have considered why we haven't got the points they feel we deserve and take appropriate action in the summer.

On the topic of luck, SM has certainly been unlucky at times, but in football you make your own luck. Thinking back to the Swindon game, we aren't going to get that lucky ricochet in the box of we don't put crosses in. We were braver earlier in the season and got the odd lucky break as a result. 

The thought of starting next season with the current management makes me nervous as I don't believe they're getting the best out of the players they have. But of course I want them to succeed and would like nothing more than to enjoy some tasty humble pie next season. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Not sure they actually needed to put that statement out to be honest. I think I’d have just waited until the season had finished, especially as it seems to confirm that SM will be here next season. After the good result yesterday there’s certainly more positivity and I don’t think we’ll lose all our remaining games, but we could and even I would struggle to have much optimism about next season with SM at the helm. They’re almost predicting, and I’m hoping, that we’ll finish these last games with good results, because otherwise that statement could massively backfire.

In terms of their view of the season on a whole, they aren’t panicking which is absolutely what you need from the top. And they’ve admitted it’s been disappointing. Head coach aside not sure there’s much to argue with. I’d genuinely be more worried if they had said we’re abandoning the plan that has served us well for 4 years because we’ve suddenly had a dip in results for a few months.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Metrics and stats have their place but sometimes you need to close the laptop and have a look at what's happening on the pitch. You can understand that they don't want to single out the defence but the world and its mother knows Notts can't defend. Just look at the goals against tally. Hypothetical points tallies aren't worth the spreadsheet they are written on, we are where we are in the league table because that's where our performances have left us. SM is here for the foreseeable future, the job is too big for him IMO, I hope he proves me wrong. This Summer could be huge for the club. We could lose 2 of the best players we have had in years. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I have to wonder if a similar statement would have been issued had Luke Williams chosen to remain at Notts instead of throwning a spanner in the works by departing for Swansea. A lot of fans seem to conveniently forget that the horrible defensive errors didn't suddenly begin when LW left nor when Stuart Maynard arrived. Just my opinion but I would say Notts County is in very safe hands and the powers that be are fully aware of the problems and will not be panicked nor bullied into making rash decisions.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
16 hours ago, super_ram said:

I have to wonder if a similar statement would have been issued had Luke Williams chosen to remain at Notts instead of throwning a spanner in the works by departing for Swansea. A lot of fans seem to conveniently forget that the horrible defensive errors didn't suddenly begin when LW left nor when Stuart Maynard arrived. Just my opinion but I would say Notts County is in very safe hands and the powers that be are fully aware of the problems and will not be panicked nor bullied into making rash decisions.

Well said @super_ram :clapping:

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On 07/04/2024 at 14:17, menzinho said:

Not sure they actually needed to put that statement out to be honest.

I feel the same way, although I believe this to be very sensible PR and should help to give Stuart Maynard some more support.

There had been a growing pressure on social media for the club to address fans concerns, with some believing that the board needed to address what has gone wrong. I think some of this has stemmed from how we started to plummet down the table, however, relegation was never going to be a concern.

A lot of fans will only want to know what's what and whilst I don't think the statement was warranted, I am pleased it has been handled in this manner because it shows how well we are taking the club's growth seriously. It's not a short term thing, nor the words of a five-year plan. We are taking each season as a means to improve and address what is going wrong. I think it's made a positive difference, which is all I care about.

I understand why some fans might be against Maynard, however, I feel it vital we stand as one.

The only way that I would be concerned about him, is if the players had given up completely. Comparing Maynard to Jamie Fullarton based on the win ratio, it just proves how stats can be twisted to fit someone's view point.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,137
  • Days Won:  17

And yet Chris Stats and Data seem to be used for everything else at the Lane such as signing players and why Notts should be 8th and Not 14th. It doesn't matter how data on some players states they should remain at Notts because the stats say so, watching their performances week in and week out shows that in the Real World certain players should be let Go. One good game in three or four matches does Not Instil Confidence in the Fanbase. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

When you brought up the stats it got me thinking about do they look at an individual player's stats throughout the season.

For instance, will they be looking at the number of tackles, interceptions, mistakes made, penalties given away, headers won, work rate, how a player reads the game, successful passes, unsuccessful passes, and assists.

I'm quite sure they will be able to put together a comprehensive player stat profile, however, as you intimated, performance, attitude, coping with pressure, are they a team player, is their performance consistent, what is their fitness record, are they easily injured, are they comfortable on the ball?

Having the full picture has to be the clincher to decide if a player is chosen for the team or dropped or if they stay at the club or go.

But something went wrong last summer and in January when it didn't look like some or most of these stats had been used, when we failed to release players that were lacking the skill for league 2, or recruit the right players that would have strengthened the side.

• Like 1