Macca to Swansea?

For some reason, I thought this was his last year with us. Given this, I don’t see why there’s any concern about Macaualay Langstaff leaving. With two years left on his contract, there’s ample time to secure a higher fee from potential suitors. Even if Notts were to wait until the final year, as long as he continues to score and clubs show interest, he will command a fee. I hope he stays long enough to break Sir Les Bradd’s all-time record. While it would be a bittersweet day for Les, I’m sure he’d be pleased to see someone surpass his record one day.

• Like 4

Supporter+
6 hours ago, allardyces tash said:

For some reason, I thought this was his last year with us. Given this, I don’t see why there’s any concern about Macaulay Langstaff leaving. With two years left on his contract, there’s ample time to secure a higher fee from potential suitors. 

Macca's contact expires 30 June 2027. He has 3 years left of his contract with Notts.

• Love 1

Luke Williams's assistant Ryan Harley was at the new fan zone after the England game on Thursday drinking with a few Notts staff members including the CEO. Which doesn't mean a bid isn't coming but probably does mean that there aren't any talks ongoing at the moment (Harley obviously wouldn't be leading them, but I think both sides would want to avoid any appearance of potential impropriety if we were doing business).

I think we can safely say that Notts aren't actively looking to sell (we don't appoint Macca captain if we are) and Macca isn't actively looking to leave (I don't think he gives an interview where he talks about how much he's looking forward to taking on the captaincy otherwise). But we're still going to have a price in mind and if an interested club offers it we'll probably sell.

• Like 2

@Up the Maggies

That's interesting Ryan Harley drinking with Joe Palmer. Might be Nothing in it, but as you say Harley wouldn't be leading any talks but there's Nothing To Say He Wasn't Sounding Palmer Out, Regarding a Price then Reporting back to Williams. Would any discussions just revolve around Macca or would they also involve Jodi. I Suppose we'll find out in Time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Up the Maggies

That's interesting Ryan Harley drinking with Joe Palmer. Might be Nothing in it, but as you say Harley wouldn't be leading any talks but there's Nothing To Say He Wasn't Sounding Palmer Out, Regarding a Price then Reporting back to Williams. Would any discussions just revolve around Macca or would they also involve Jodi. I Suppose we'll find out in Time.

He was definitely just there to catch up with friends at Notts. He was with other staff members too and not just JP. Like I say if anything it shows that there aren't any talks going on between the clubs at the moment, because if they were the potential appearance of business being done over drinks within earshot of fans isn't a look I think either club would be happy with.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Selling Macca wouldn't make any sense at all now, & as I have said before, you don't sell arguably the best player of your team to a Manager who ran out on Notts & left with Notts having existing defensive problems, then causing so much disruption that Notts failed to make the playoffs 

Doesn't anyone feel that when Notts were holding negotiations with these new players that they subsequently signed, that those players would ask the question about the elite players futures, and that Notts would have assured them that no essential players were going to be sold in the short term?

Some of those players we've signed would have come because of the players we have, if Notts then weaken the team by selling Macca or Jodi, I don't think that would go down well.

• Like 2

Even the BEEB have picked up on this Topic. Of course it's all On Line Talk according to them. But when Luke Williams was questioned about it He said 

That's a Different Question. I think it should have Read That's a Difficult Question.

But the article Ends On A Positive Note For Notts Fans. Macca said It would Take Something Incredible For Him To Leave The Lane.

@Robbie You have some Excellent Points There Buddy.

• Like 1

I sincerely doubt there’s any genuine interest. If there were, I’d expect more than just Swansea City showing interest in him. Numerous teams would likely enquire about Macaulay Langstaff, given his striking abilities. If teams like Peterborough, Lincoln City, Blackburn, and Plymouth Argyle were also mentioned, then I’d be more inclined to believe there’s substance to it. As it stands, it’s only Swansea City and a few casual remarks made when Luke Williams first took over.

• Like 1