Macca One Last Time.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Yes I Know Macca's gone and different Topics have been written about him. And an Awful Lot By  Yours Truly. Just a Couple of more Questions

Do you think that if Notts Fans had known Macca was being Sold say around the Time he was appointed as Club Captain, his departure would have had any Real Effect on Season Ticket Sales?

And If You Knew Macca was going to Leave Before You Bought Your Season Ticket . Would You have Still bought Your Season Ticket, or would You Have Not Bothered?

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Notts were always going to wait until the early bird renewal offer had ended before they decided on Macca. It's just good business sense. 

Would Macca leaving have made a difference to me? NO because I support the Club, & the Club comes first before any individual player.

I do think that Macca leaving has had a detrimental effect on the recruitment of new players though. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I can't imagine it made any difference at all. The very top clubs may sell a small number of tickets based on which superstars are turning out for them, but with Notts (and most other clubs) people know that it's a matter of time until any really outstanding players move on.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Robbie said:

Would Macca leaving have made a difference to me? NO because I support the Club, & the Club comes first before any individual player.

I absolutely agree with this, it wouldn’t make an iota of difference to me. I remember being gutted when Tony Hateley left but I still continued to support the club.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Not sure you could technically call them a fan if they weren’t supporting the club and just one player in the first place... I’d find it very strange if that was the reason not to renew a season ticket. The only exception here is Macca’s family - if they live up north they will have to travel even further now to watch him! 😆

• Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

The Reason for me asking these questions was that around the time of the Early Bird Season tickets going on sale a lot of Fans seemed to think that Macca leaving would have an effect on the Ticket Sales. It as always been my thought that No Player is Bigger than the Club, Regardless of his Popularity. There is also shall we say Sadness amongst Fans seeing the Coach and Players who brought Notts last Major Trophy to Meadow Lane ( the National League Playoff Trophy) leaving and finding pastures New or Retiring and going into Coaching. But for all the Glory those people brought to Notts, the Club goes on New Players and Hero's emerge for the Fans to support , and they in Turn will Leave or Retire but the Circle of Life at the Club continues.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I believe it encouraged people to renew quicker, but I am less sure how many wouldn't have purchased a season ticket knowing that Notts were going to sell him. I certainly can understand why some fans would think it might impact the quality we see on the pitch and not everyone who purchases a season ticket can be defined as a supporter. Some just go to watch football. I know 4–5 people who have done this, just because they're Nottingham born and want to watch good football.

To me, it seems unlikely to have made a large impact. It probably would have been very minor, if noticeable at all.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

To be honest. When a player is transferred to a bigger club, everything looks nice and dandy.

The player gets a good lump sum signing on fee and a bigger salary, then they find themselves sitting on the substitutes bench game after game.

The player left a club where they were the first name written on the team sheet to mearly a squad player with the new club.

Somehow, I don't think many players think about that before they sign on the dotted line.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

its a good question, but i dont think fans would have been less likely to renew. if they wanted to, it would make sense to have done it whilst the early bird prices was available. paying more because a player left just seems odd, as does if they refused to go to games because he left therefore not buying a season ticket as some sort of protest towards the club.

i get the knee jerk reaction and the upset, but it would not have made much difference.