Notts Player Of The Match V Accrington

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • đť•Ź:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Who is your player of the match for Notts against Accrington?

There are a few players that are deserving of that accolade in my opinion.

David McGoldrick.

He looked sharp upfront & scored two more goals today.

Curtis Edwards.

He never stopped running and did his work unnoticed, but he was very effective in midfield.

Matty Platt 

A rock in defence once again. Won most of his aerial duels & is becoming linch pin of the Notts defence.

Jacob Bedeau 

Another good performance by Jacob. Sound in defence & effective when he ventures up front.

George Abbott 

A brilliant debut by the youngster. He was very effective in midfield, in fact, in my opinion, he bossed the midfield against Accrington.

Conor Grant

Very effective in the attacking midfield role supporting Didzy, Had a daunting task to step into Crowley's shoes somewhat but he did so well.

Those are the players that stood out for me on Saturday against Accrington.

From that list of Notts players, I go for George Abbott as Notts player of the match

He had a wonderful debut & he's going to play a big part in the season for Notts.

It will be very hard for Stuart not to pick him in the starting 11 against Bromley. 

• Love 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

Conor Grant played a lot in the first half and sometimes in the second, but I would give the award to Jacob Bedeau. He was good at defending, attacking, and was a strong presence. I think David McGoldrick did well, but he only got the award because he scored two goals again.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • đť•Ź:  twitter fmcj10

David McGoldrick worked hard, but it wasn't his best performance. I sometimes feel annoyed when the Man of the Match is named, usually to the people who the hospitality match sponsors want to meet. I don't think this was the case yesterday, but those two goals were.

Not long into the second half, he looked to be reserving his energy and looked very tired. So, he wouldn't get my vote even though he was clinical on goal.

Curtis Edwards had a brilliant first half, but quit down in the second. Unselfishly, he decided to assist when an effort on goal would have been a better idea. I'm a bit bemused by fans who don't seem to like or credit Edwards.

Conor Grant was very similar to Edwards, brilliant first half and quite involved in the second but not close enough to be named the Man of the Match for me.

Jacob Bedeau would get my vote, a very good presence and contribution by him.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

For me, Curtis Edwards was brilliant in the first half and still important in getting us going in the second half. I loved watching his cheeky chips back to Alex Bass.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

McGoldrick for me, I agree with the other names suggested they all did very well but ultimately McGoldrick showed that touch of class to put Accrington away. I thought it was one his best performances for a while, he didn't just drop deep all the time he even ran in behind and continuously got at the Accrington defence. And both goals from outside the box too, it's never as easy as he makes it look!

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • đť•Ź:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

There’s no contest for me it’s got to be McGoldrick, I thought he was a class act, the first goal was sublime, the second goal took a deflection but it was a decisive strike.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • đť•Ź:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • đť•Ź:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I would have given it to Jacob Bedeau, take him out of the squad, and we would be quite weaker in defence and pushing forward. Curtis Edwards had a perfect game. I think he is proving that he's not a squad player but someone who is fighting to play as often as possible. David McGoldrick put in a steady performance and was quite involved, but take away his goals, he wasn't involved as much as Bedeau.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i thought curtis edwards class throughout the game, he would have been my choice.

• Like 1