Another Possible Loanee From Spurs Come January

Scotty

With Notts having such a professional set up behind the scenes at Meadow Lane, it can only assure teams like Spurs, that their assets will be properly looked after. With all respect to other League 2 teams, who may lack the set up at Notts, the physicality of the league is a deterrent when putting players out on loan, and can be a concern. But as evidenced with the way Abbott has transitioned seamlessly into the Nott playing system, we can benefit from loaning gifted players from premiership teams who are safe in the knowledge, their asset is well looked after. 

As the article indicates, albeit speculatively, our track record of assisting premiership teams can only bring mutual, win-win benefits to Notts in the long term.

Yes of course, it would be better to have long term players playing, but remember, the Notts playing system comes first, and whoever is playing that position is there because they can deliver whilst in that role. Bringing with them what it is that the premiership team has identified in them can only benefit Notts.

https://tothelaneandback.com/2024/09/28/callum-olusesi-could-head-out-notts-county-loan/

Edited by Scotty
  • Love 6

Supporter+

Notts used to have a good relationship with Forest when it came to loaning their players. It seems to have dropped off as of late.

If there is a talented youngster available from a club in the PL it's worth it for Notts to check him out 

I think at this time Notts will be looking at players out of contract like they did Martin, to see if they would suit the Notts style.

• Like 7

And So Yet Again the Notts Academy Players are pushed out, for a Player from a Premier League Academy who will hopefully Benefit Notts in the short term, but will eventually return to their Parent Club in January or before to be Loaned out to a Team in a Higher League. Instead of developing a player such has Rylie Reynolds who being a Notts Asset will benefit the Team in the Long Run, he will more than Likely find himself shipped out on Loan, to Learn the "Men's Game" and forget about  playing the Notts way and end up being Let Go at the End of his Contract, or Sold On For An Undisclosed Fee.

How Long will Kameron Muir be at the Lane? Will he ever be a First Team Regular for Notts? I Don't Think So because has soon as a Premier League or Championship side come in with a Decent Offer, it will be Thanks Kameron you've made us some money, So Off You Go. And the Fee maybe a Pittance compared to the Money Notts could get by Nurturing him and helping him climb through the Ranks at the Lane and become a Star player.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I feel the same, but I can see the benefit of taking him on loan. I hope having George Abbott around our young pros will encourage them and make them want to push themselves. Yet, it is disappointing that they will most likely miss getting a chance to feature much in the league.

• Like 7

Supporter+

Personally as I have said before, one of our best academy players should be on the bench and, League 1 & 2 clubs should be allowed nine players on the bench as the PL are.

Why should there be any difference in the numbers allowed on the bench in the football league tier? There shouldn't be any difference.

That would allow up to two academy players on the bench.

I mean, one could come off the bench & score a hat trick or one or two assists, or even change a game in another way.

• Like 6

I trust the club to make the right decisions, and as fans, our role is to encourage the club to use academy players and support them in their development. When they're ready, we'll see them, and I dream of the day when we're promoting our own talent. But for now, we do need to work with players from other clubs too. I'm okay with that, as long as they come here wanting to work hard and earn their place, not expect it just because of where they come from.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

The players at some of these Premier League Academies are just a lot better than the younger players we have and that is just a fact.

Abbott hadn't played a proper competitive match before he came to us (I'm not counting 1 minute v Leeds!), yet he looks like he's played in League 2 before and is a lot better than hundreds of players at this level. He's a very good player and Spurs will be hopeful in a year or two he'll be good enough for them in the Premier League.

I think a lot of our young players show a lot of promise and I'm hopeful one or two will break through into the first team in the future but that doesn't mean we can't also sign other young talented players on loan too. I think we'd be daft to turn up the chance to sign good players on loan and at the same time I don't think it will greatly impact the chances of our own youngsters getting into the team.

• Like 5

I believe if you have good players, then their ability on the pitch will help others striving to improve their own game. So, whilst I would be disappointed that this could potentially push our own academy players further down the pecking order. I do acknowledge that it wouldn't when it comes to EFL Trophy games. It seems unlikely that we will see one of our own youngsters frequently on the bench or even starting in the league.

So, I would hope this would push the younger players who want to be a part and not happy to settle for when they are selected.

They need to be showing a fighting spirit to be noticed by Stuart Maynard, so I am not against this at all but I don't think we would need any further loans if this were to happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The problem with holding onto our best academy lads is that PL rules allow them to take anyone they want from and EFL academy for a fixed fee - pitifully low at something like £50k, I believe? You have to hope there is competition to drive up the price because you could never say no to an offer and stop a kid getting that sort of move. 

Alternatively, they could change the rules and make the compensation a fairer figure.

There are rules in place about how matchday squads are composed and one of the rules is that everyone must have a 'club developed' player. That means they must have had at least one year with the club as a teenager. Although Didzy usually ticks that box for us!

• Like 4

tbh it seems more speculation and we dont know if spurs will want to loan another player our way, its impossible for me to make an opinion on that. i know nothing of the player and i dont really believe tottenham would want to loan another player to the same club that has their academy captain. clubs dont usually loan players in pairs, its quite rare and we only signed ryan yates and jorge grant because they were local to us.

i dont think most academies what to send their players to far either.

i think we would be a good option for clubs to consider loaning players out but i would not say i expect it. as for our own players, i would love to see them play more. if we avoid playing them because we are scared of clubs signing them, surely there is something that can be done when they are signed to a professional deal and are beyond the academy level? even if they still work within it.

• Like 2

Personally think Abbott has struggled a bit since we have played him further forward and hasn’t hit the heights of his first full game for us.

As far as our own Academy players are concerned, Muir will quite possibly be gobbled up to disappear into a Premiership academy and never seen again. We would be powerless to stop it unless Muir himself turns it down. I like Reynolds and would want him loaned out at no lower than NLN level, if not I would rather keep him with the squad. I don’t actually think any of our Academy players should be loaned out though until after the leyland DAF freight Rover Sherpa Van Pappa Johns Pizza trophy campaign is over.

• Like 2

There’s an issue with loaning players; we need them to be at good clubs, at a high level, and where they will actually play. Notts usually has the same clubs where the platform isn’t as strong. Some players might end up at the likes of Boston, but we should be looking at the National League, just below us.

• Like 2