An Alex Bass Masterclass.

Robbie

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Is Alex Bass the best signing of the season?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,078
  • Days Won:  162

brilliant keeping from alex bass, he made a strong impression with his performance. he did very well, as did our defence.

• Like 5

Supporter+

I think Alex Bass's performance is the best match performance we've seen from a Notts goalkeeper for a while. 

It's great to know that Notts have a very competent number one between the sticks.

Having a good goalkeeper not only prevents conceding goals, but also gives the defence in front of him confidence too.

The back line needs a goalkeeper that can command his area & organise his colleagues in defence, & Bass is good at all those things.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  1

He’s a quality keeper, and we’re much better with his all-round game and excellent skills. Alex Bass could be our keeper for many years, and it’s hard to imagine anyone else competing with him at this level or the next.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

The Carlisle game wasn’t the first time he’s saved us; he’s been doing it in most away games. He’s such a calm presence at the back and pulls off some unbelievably good saves. I think he’s been one of the best signings this summer, definitely in the top three. By the end of the season, that could change, and he might even be my top choice. Alex Bass is a great addition to the club, and it’s fantastic to have a keeper like him, who should only keep getting better.

• Love 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,360
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I really hope Alex Bass can see that he was truly outstanding against Carlisle and is at no way at fault for the goal conceded against Port Vale. I can't imagine that it's something a keeper like him will really accept, but he has to look at the performances where he has been top draw and use it to get the defence to be more alert to the threat. Honestly, Carlisle was one of the best keeping performances I have seen from a Notts keeper.

That is what Alex Bass brings to the team, so I am sure we'll see more top performances from him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He’s one of the best signings we’ve made. If we are to get promoted, his arrival will play a huge part in that achievement. He’s a solid goalkeeper who would thrive in League One. Time and again, he has shown that he makes a real difference here.

• Love 1

Supporter+

If you asked me to rate Alex out of 10 since the beginning of the season, I would say he is growing into his role & I believe he is improving all the time.

I think he has the potential of becoming our best keeper since Kasper Schmeichel.

I would rate him 8/10 since the beginning of the season.

Notts now have an excellent defensive line, but a side also needs a goalkeeper who can command his area, deal with crosses, a good shot stopper & good at distributing the ball. 

Bass has all those qualities.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,500
  • Days Won:  287

Great to see Bass complete his treble of clean sheets! ;)

It must give the back line so much more confidence to know they have a reliable keeper behind them. He's already won us points on his own.

• Like 1