Match Discussion: Game 11 - The Spireites (A)   Live

PON_News

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,046
  • Days Won:  162

i think both teams was not quite the best defensively at times, our goal is poor to concede from the chesterfield point of view but from ours a well worked goal. the opener was a fluky deflection, i dont even think paddy madden knew much about it. of course, he will probably say he flicked it on but it landed very fortunate for him to finish. its a shame alex bass had committed himself but i dont blame him.

either team could have won, but i do think a draw was fair and chesterfield will feel they threw it away which they did.

their fans on facebook are calling us a dirty team, i have seen @Dans pictures and the other photographer, i was at the game and rewatched the highlights. i dont think we were the dirty team, unlike them at times. the amount of times they were grabbing shirts to the point they could have put it on themselves. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,552
  • Days Won:  9

It's one of those games nobody should be too critical of, because it's difficult to go into Derby games and achieve the outcome you desire. Both teams did play well. Chesterfield had some luck and the official on their side. We had to make our own, but I wouldn't complain about the game.

We managed to get a point, and there's a good chance we can build some form going forward. Avoiding the defeat, at least to me, feels like a win. I can't imagine Chesterfield fans will be happy with the way they gave the win away. Calamity defending by them for both of our goals, handling the ball so late on.

• Love 1