This Forum

Supporter+

How long has this forum been in existence? I have been having a nosey round (as you do) and noticed posts from 2009 , I thought it was a new site, I've obviously missed it before.

How long has this forum been in existence? I have been having a nosey round (as you do) and noticed posts from 2009 , I thought it was a new site, I've obviously missed it before.

I'd class it as 'new' with the site never actually being promoted, I started it prior to 2009 but I struggled with getting interest. I decided to try and focus on building a tight knit community around my family, which attracted help from other fans who liked the idea of the site. (Such as SteveMUP and Shrewswill) I never really received any positive feedback from any Notts fans, so I focused on doing this in the background. I wasn't familiar with our other messageboards/fan sites back then, so I sort of took this up as a part time project.

Since I have a lot of free time these days, I started focusing putting the plan into action and I don't want to say anything negative about alternatives but I felt strongly about being able to offer something different.

The site officially was opened on the 2nd of December, but the site did exist as 'notts-county.co.uk' prior to me buying 'prideofnottingham'.

Really I wished I had of focused more strongly at the start but sometimes it's best left for stages. :)

Supporter+

It's definitely good to have a viable alternative to the main Notts County message board that most people seem to use. I stopped going on there a while ago, I liked the magpieweb site that Paul Edgar made but it doesn't seem to have taken off after an initial flourish of interest, here's hoping that this site has better success. Good luck.

It's definitely good to have a viable alternative to the main Notts County message board that most people seem to use. I stopped going on there a while ago, I liked the magpieweb site that Paul Edgar made but it doesn't seem to have taken off after an initial flourish of interest, here's hoping that this site has better success. Good luck.

Youpies was a very good website, I had hoped Paul would merge here allowing us to work together but he didn't seem interested. The change to magpieweb was probably a crucial blow, as that's when things started to quiet down. (I still visit from time to time).

Me too, I have around 880 flyers to hand out and there's still plans that I would like to bring to the site, though most will probably wait for the right time.

Thanks for your kind words! :)

Supporter+

I forgot to bookmark this forum so I did a google search for "Pride of Nottingham" and to my horror a forum about a team on the other side of the river came up!!! :angry:

I won't name the team because I don't swear. :lol:

This forum is safely bookmarked now so I won't have to see the other forum ever again. Phew!

I forgot to bookmark this forum so I did a google search for "Pride of Nottingham" and to my horror a forum about a team on the other side of the river came up!!! :angry:

I won't name the team because I don't swear. :lol:

This forum is safely bookmarked now so I won't have to see the other forum ever again. Phew!

That's somewhere else I nee to focus, getting the seo and site properly indexed.

I searched about a month ago, to my surprise I found around 3 sites as you mentioned. (All claiming to be the Pride of Nottingham) I think they forgot 'shire' off the title tho, as they wasn't based in Nottingham. ;)

Thanks Tony, How did you find us? (Originally)

glad you found us again Tony. I have heard this happening to a few members. I personally didn't have to bookmark as on my laptop as soon as i type in "p" in the address bar the site pops up :-)

although i don't understand why teams from the rubbish side of the trent can claim they are PoN? HHmmmmm remind me again who is the oldest team, and who have the most loyal fan base.

I do recall when I was at the matches the season of promotion (2010-2011 if i remember correct) the number of fans turning up in read shirts increased toward the end....i wonder why? maybe as we were successful and they were having a rubbish season? loyal....i think not!

Supporter+

Thanks Tony, How did you find us? (Originally)

I got the link from twitter I think it was a retweet by Aileen Trew.

Busy day here, I've been on but haven't if you follow me Liam.

I appreciate any support but you're already mate, we need people being active just as much as those who can help mention the site. It's all team work, different roles but all very much important.

I have many flyers to hand out, I working on promoting via Twitter and Facebook.

Very positive about how it's going :)

Thanks

I can understand that but I don't really think it would make much difference to be honest. As the old topics (some) still have meaning for discussion and the one's which don't, well just show that I was working on things quietly. People will join if PoN if it offers something to them, I believe it does and will be focusing on the content and many other things. I'm not dismissing your input, I always value it and believe me I care a lot about anything being seen as negative. It's just not something that I feel shows any true colours to sort of say, it's this point onwards that matters.

Thank you :)

Archived