Contracts

Feral Fox

Alot of rumour on the net and after reading JCR's interview in the red rag, I would be surpirsed if any of the players offered contracts stay with us. Seems to me that alot of the players have gotten a little carried away with the great escape and believe we have been promoted! Wrong. We scrapped through by the skin of our teeth from relegation to the lowest league in league football. Players should really remember that even though some showed great form in the last couple of months, the season runs for most of the year, and our club sat rooted to the bottom for most of it!!!

Rumours of £4000 per week for Sheenan from Sheff Utd, I say good luck to him because no Notts fan (and I hope I include Rodders and Ray T in that) would ever consider him worth that! The club is still losing money right, left and centre so the wages need to reflect the league and final position of this seasons table. Crazy money for players that have done well for periods, then not so well will hinder the club even more. Look at Sheenans reaction to Danny Haynes! Then he would like similar money each week.

I like Sheenan as a player and as a motivated captain, and he did give his all for the cause, but 4k a week. Thanks but no thanks.

Same goes for any of the others that feel they can hold us to ransom, including my signature player JCR.

Might need a new signature soon Joe as I think new players will turn out to be starring next season. I trust Derry and GA to steer us correctly during the close season.

Thoughts? Am I being too harsh on the players? (dont get me wrong anybody in their position would look to increase wages and length of contracts, but be reasonable, we avoided relegation. Just.)

I've heard many rumours surrounding many leaving.

Sheehan is complicated, there's a game being played there and it's quite obvious. I have read the tweets and follow on rubbish, I don't buy into it. JCR is and will always be hard to keep, as will Liddle but the fact he hasn't featured much gives us hope.

This players are vastly important though, we need them.

Yeah the whole thing with Sheehan on twitter was ridiculous, sounds to me like he was very drunk and didn't know what he was saying. Although saying that, I'm not getting my hopes up about keeping anyone that we've offered new contracts to.

4K a week is stupid though we, could bring in 2 or 3 players for that money if Sheehan did end up leaving.

I'm sure that when push comes shove, most teams would not pay that amount for any of the members offered contracts.

It all seems a bit fishy to me. Mind games aplenty.

I've been reading quite a lot on the BBC and actually all over the place, most lower league teams are cutting cloth big-time. 10 players here & 10 plays there, it's happening all over the place. I think we are now turning into a new era. Players are no longer able to hold the ball, if you catch my drift

I would be very surprised if all six get signed by teams higher in the league.

Remember, agents are leeches they try and squeeze as much blood out of the stone as they can. That is where the chairman and CEO have to hold fort. Plus with Derry's intuitions, this will work out for us in the end anyway.

LEGENDERRY :D

Obviously we can't be held to ransom by players. They just kept us up, it wasn't a promotion!! The difficulty is that if we don't sign good players, not many people will buy season tickets. I don't want to watch another season of potential relegation, I want to see us challenging for promotion and hopefully becoming a championship team. Question is are we an ambitious club?! I haven't purchased my season ticket yet and all these rumours flying around about certain players doesn't make me want to part with my hard earned cash.

Supporter+

I'm not sure what Sheehan said on twitter but personally when I see rumours I treat them as just that......rumours, only the people involved will know how much these players are earning, how much they are offered and how much they are asking for.

If the likes of Sheehan and JCR leave in the close season then so be it, I'm sure Derry can bring in some players who will want to play for him and the club.

I'm not sure what Sheehan said on twitter but personally when I see rumours I treat them as just that......rumours, only the people involved will know how much these players are earning, how much they are offered and how much they are asking for.

If the likes of Sheehan and JCR leave in the close season then so be it, I'm sure Derry can bring in some players who will want to play for him and the club.

he got himself drunk and took part in a conversation over twitter where he alluded to being offered 4k per week at Sheff Utd and said Jimmy Spencer would be a mug if he signed for us. Allegedly!!!

Like your good self, if they leave then so be it, I have faith in the management team bringing in the level of player we require. Skill and character.

Unity has to be the goal going forward and anything else shouldn't be tolerated. I get the feeling SD and GA wont !

Chinese whispers? Someone says something and by the time we hear about it the original statement has changed completely and has also become fact even though it's not true.Ignore the rumours and wait for official statements.

Yeah the whole thing with Sheehan on twitter was ridiculous, sounds to me like he was very drunk and didn't know what he was saying. Although saying that, I'm not getting my hopes up about keeping anyone that we've offered new contracts to.

4K a week is stupid though we, could bring in 2 or 3 players for that money if Sheehan did end up leaving.

Exactly, yet I'd be even more surprised by United offering 4k for a player without Championship experience.

We can survive losing any of the players though, just need to bring in quality.

Supporter+

Chinese whispers? Someone says something and by the time we hear about it the original statement has changed completely and has also become fact even though it's not true.Ignore the rumours and wait for official statements.

I couldn't agree more @GrannyPie

If they don't want what we offer then let them go. We can only afford what we can afford. I really wouldn't want us to pay more than we can afford just to keep players who, at the end of the day - finished 20th in the division.

Liddle and Sheehan would be missed. JCR is good but I wouldn't be that bothered. He's quick, that's all. His delivery is poor 9 times out of 10 and his shooting needs a lot of work. None of them or ireplaceable.

Derry and Abbot know what they're doing. They'll get some good players in

Archived