Liddle's Off

lewisncfc

His wife is pregnant and still lives up north, so it was probably inevitable Lids would want to move back north.

Thanks for everything Lids, all the best. A shame, but not a disaster. To be honest you can find his best assets in a lot of players at league one level

"Proud to have played my part in the Great Escape, and I wish everyone good luck for next season and beyond. Enjoy your summer. Lidds (thumbs up).

"Gutted to leave behind some top guys and friends but things move on and I'm sure Notts will do well next season under Shaun and Greg..."

"Like to thank all at @Official_NCFC and the fans who welcomed me from day 1, I've met some great people, an eventful but enjoyable 2 years..

"Sadly, due to different reasons i won't be signing a new contract and I will be looking for a new club to start the new season with...

"Was happy to have been offered a new contract at the club, a club I've loved playing for over the last 2 years and given my absolute all..."

Obviously not the money issue. Seems like the wife being preggers in the NE means he'll relocate up there. Good luck to the lad. He will be missed, but not the commanding presence he could have been. The injury hampered him too much and he never looked the same when he came back after it. Smith will fill his role perfectly.

Supporter+

This is a blow in my opinion but we move on and hopefully we will get an adequate replacement.

Thanks Gary and good luck in the future.

@notts-joe will be sad about this.

Supporter+

Smith is injury prone. Need to replace Liddle which won't be as easy as people think. SD has a big job ahead of him, I hope he's given the resources.

I didn't think he would be signing a new deal with us, so I sort of expected it.

In form and with the team doing well, he looked quality but this season hasn't been one for him to remember. I do think he would be a good Championship player, however we can find players who can help us. I'm not really as gutted as I thought, so it's a case of *shrug :)

Obviously I wish him well and it seems PoN needs to be branded around someone else now.

At least I can safely get around from saying a quote very similar to the Tesco one. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/11265632.Liddle_signs_for_Bradford_City/

Not unexpected news.Apparently not the same player after being injured>Thoughts?

Is Bradford City REALLY improving his career?????

No, but is is closer to home for his family. You've got to understand his reasons. Obviously not the choice out there for him if he has to plump for a 1yr at Bradford though!!!

He left to be closer to his family, his wife is due to give birth in a few weeks. Travelling from teeside to Nottingham a dozen times a week with a young family at home wouldn't be ideal for anyone. Good luck to him. At least you know Gary didn't just go chasing the pound signs

Archived