Still No "big" Signing

BenBlyth

Notts are still to make a big signing that fans hoped would be on its way after the departure of Lee Hughes. Anymore rumours? Apparently Beatie is back in Scotland training now. 

On the plus side, Judgey is still here!

Supposedly we rejected him by not offering him any terms.

I'm not expecting any permanent signings, we may see the odd loan signing. It's a shame because we need to add depth, I can fully understand the concerns regarding the wage bill but hope we take at least a few minor chances if we can. If we gain promotion it may pay off and I'm suggesting we go OTT but secure a few additional players to boost our squad if the terms are right or within reason. What do you think Ben?

Losing a player like Hughesy and not replacing him just isn't on. We desperately need some added firepower up front, and bearing in mind we're past the halfway point in the month and our only signing is clinching Boucaud permanently, good as it may be, it's not enough...

Not much going on anywhere!

Tyson's gone to Millwall on loan till the end of the season.Think he would do a job for Notts but probably wouldn't want to go down a league.

Supporter+

We've still got the rest of January and most deals seem to happen in the last few days but after Rays we'll publicised comments it's not looking good.

I agree, he seems to have more confidence but my only concern is he needs to put himself about more.

With regards to the transfer market we're being linked with Jason Scotland if there's any truth in this, well I would be very impressed. Regardless of fitness, it's just a case of if the budget permits and this could be a good move for both parties.

Jason Scotland joined Barnsley.

Not really bothered at all missing out on him. 19 goals in over 3 years is a poor return for a striker. Rather not watse more money on another old fella who's passed it

I respect that but I felt it would of been a good call personally.

We'll see further rumours develope, players linked in and so but I don't think many players with great records tend to be released. I hope we continue to look at lower leagues and young players from all the divisions.

He scored for Barnsley, It's a shame but we move on now. He very could of done the job for us but we will never know now. I keep hearing Ian Henderson being mentioned, he would be a different type of player and hasn't shown signs of being goal scorer 32 goals in 250 games will make some people frown. He could do well for us, as stats don't exactly say the full truth. Chris O'Grady is another example but I was surprised to read he's from Nottingham and I don't recall his loan spell with us but whoever we sign I hope they settle before they get slated.

Archived