Fabian Spiess

Northants Pie

The lad deserves the chance, he's been patient and could have left us. He see's us as a great chance and part of his career, I just hope he rises to the challenge and grows in confident.

I read a lot of negative things after the Mansfield game.

I highly rate him and the parts he needs to improve on will only come with experience. Good Luck to him, he could and might be the keeper to push onwards.

Supporter+

How long is he contracted for? If he plays to his potential, he'll attract a lot of interest.

The lad deserves the chance, he's been patient and could have left us. He see's us as a great chance and part of his career, I just hope he rises to the challenge and grows in confident.

I read a lot of negative things after the Mansfield game.

I highly rate him and the parts he needs to improve on will only come with experience. Good Luck to him, he could and might be the keeper to push onwards.

I just hope that SD gives him his chance as the tone of his interview after the Nuneaton game was very much that FS will only be a number 2, could be reverse psychology though

Having just watched the nuneaton highlights I thought FS did everything that he was expected to very well indeed, his distribution does seem to be better than Barts in as much as he seem far more comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I for one hope that FS is our keeper for a long time yet. 

I've just watched the highlights from the Derby game from the Kop Stand & he has been slated for his save when it hit him in the chest, having watched the highlights the ball swerved extremely from one direction to the other and he actually made a brilliant save.

If you have the magpie player subscription watch the game from the kop angle & you will see what i mean.

I've just watched the highlights from the Derby game from the Kop Stand & he has been slated for his save when it hit him in the chest, having watched the highlights the ball swerved extremely from one direction to the other and he actually made a brilliant save.

If you have the magpie player subscription watch the game from the kop angle & you will see what i mean.

Agreed good save against tough swerve.

It's a shame Notts fans cant keep praise up for longer than 5 mins. Most revert to normal state of criticism straight away.

Give him 15 games guaranteed and let him prove himself. If no joy then start mumbling about loan keepers etc...

Agreed good save against tough swerve.

It's a shame Notts fans cant keep praise up for longer than 5 mins. Most revert to normal state of criticism straight away.

Give him 15 games guaranteed and let him prove himself. If no joy then start mumbling about loan keepers etc...

15 games might be a push, although I agree that giving him time to regain composure and confidence would be a good thing. I would still sign a keeper who can play second fiddle or start, Pilks isn't really an option and Harry Andrews doesn't have the experience yet to be pushed into the lime light. Harry could do with being loaned out to a decent Non League side like we tended to do with Liam Mitchell.

Fabian hasn't played for awhile in a first team environment, he also needs to build a partnership with his new defence.

Archived