Safe standing

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone.

I am currently doing a university project to design safe standing for football grounds. As part of this I need to find out how popular safe standing would be and what people associate with it.
I have created a short survey which I was hoping you could all fill out to help me. (8 multiple choice questions)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Safe_standing

Before you start the survey I would like to apologise as I have messed up a bit on question 7 and 8, they are supposed to be multiple choice but it only allows one answer. For question 7 if you would have chosen multiple answers please tick "other" and type in the numbers of the answers you would have chosen. for number 8 please choose where you would most like to see a safe standing section.

Thank you
William Tuck

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Hi everyone.

I am currently doing a university project to design safe standing for football grounds. As part of this I need to find out how popular safe standing would be and what people associate with it.

I have created a short survey which I was hoping you could all fill out to help me. (8 multiple choice questions)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Safe_standing

Before you start the survey I would like to apologise as I have messed up a bit on question 7 and 8, they are supposed to be multiple choice but it only allows one answer. For question 7 if you would have chosen multiple answers please tick "other" and type in the numbers of the answers you would have chosen. for number 8 please choose where you would most like to see a safe standing section.

Thank you

William Tuck

Hi mate, I've just finished the survey for you, i didn't give any of the answers you gave for No7, instead I wrote a small piece about where I see the problems with standing at games, hope this helps, if you do need any more help let me know.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

most clubs wont do this because of the cost involved, only for 5 years down the line to be ruled unacceptable but i will complete your questions.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

EU law and precedence may take effect here...

It is already happening in other countries and I suspect, if somebody took forward the case, then safe standing would have to be brought in.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Unless the leagues provide some of the cost, many will say it's not worthwhile and I actually also see it being banned again. Why? The more it's in grounds, the more it will be open to abuse. Cultures in other nations are different but I would be surprised to see nations like Brazil etc...

Where ever there is violence there will be abuse.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

The German's have their own history of violence, but they have safe standing...

There will be those who would possibly challenge the ban, or at least have a bloomin good look at it...

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've done the survey. To be honest I wouldn't use standing areas as I don't think I could stand up for a whole match without getting back ache. I think it would be a retrograde step and would make the stadiums less family friendly and could encourage hooliganism, fights etc., I think all seater stadiums were the best thing to happen to football.

Just my honest opinion.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

People who think standing leads to hooliganism are very deluded.

There was/is a culture of violence that has attached itself to football in this country, but to say that hooliganism is directly linked to standing is absurd.

Safe standing works in many other countries. Germany have safe standing in almost all of their stadiums. You can even drink beer (Whilst watching the team - not downing one quickly in 5 minutes at half time!) and even smoke, if you wish.

Safe standing IMO should be cheaper and will definitely increase atmosphere. It's not everyone's cup of tea but you can already see at grounds lots of people prefer standing.

You would also save money on stewards as we won't need to pay them 50 quid a game to tell people at the back of the Kop to sit down  :rolleyes:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I think Safe standing would be a good thing.

Cheaper Tickets, Greater Atmosphere, More Fans. 

We've had a Generation now with these rules in place. Have we learned?

I think so.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

People who think standing leads to hooliganism are very deluded.

We will have to agree to differ on this one, I think standing at football matches should be left in the '70s where it belongs.

Tony (Deluded 'Pie)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We will have to agree to differ on this one, I think standing at football matches should be left in the '70s where it belongs.

Tony (Deluded 'Pie)

Personally the only way to try this is to get teams who can afford it to trail it. There are some league teams who have standing areas and it's not a problem, in my opinion it only is when everyone is doing it.

If it's separated then people get the best of both worlds.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Survey completed, but I have to agree with @tonyhateley on this one. Football grounds are far more family friendly now and this would reduce the appeal to some.

It's an age thing too. I stood many a cold day at the Lane on all parts of the ground, including with the 'singers' at the back of the now JS. Now, give me a seat with my name on it and my bovril at half time!

Archived