Off on my hols...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Forgot to write I was trying out my new black and white swim trunks!

Not in the sea I hope, bit chilly for that this time of year!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Hope your Enjoying your sen.

Used to love going to Skeg, Ingoldmells, & Mablethorpe. Golden Sands is my favorite. But that was close to 20 years ago now :( Time flies.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Gone for a change of scenery today. Gone for a drive up the coast. Ended up in Cleethorpes and the kids are currently going crazy on the Magical Kingdom soft play there. Gives me a chance to abuse their free WiFi and catch up properly with some posts.

Right breakdown so far...

Staying at Faulkers lakes near Burgh Le Marsh. ( Google it -lovely.) Lodge is beautiful and lovely to pull back the curtains looking at the lakes. Great for the dog as she loves chasing the geese off!

Highly recommend the site to one and all if you're looking for something more than the traditional caravan hols here.

We've gone with the wife's parents. They're in their towing caravan a few minutes down the road from us. Making the best of it really because me and the old codger (her dad) tolerate each other for politeness sake!

They're were very snobby about coming to this coast, but hopefully they are beginning to realise the holiday is for the kids (and us as we love the atmosphere over here!)

We've done Mablethorpe, Ingoldmells by night, Chapel and Skeg so far. Having a day off from them today so the kids can run riot a little without having to worry about him moaning!

Still got to do Boston for a little shopping and the market and then a full day at Ingoldmells. ( you can't go wrong there. £5 each Child for unlimited rides. )

Beautiful weather and the added bonus of a hot tub when we get back to the lodge.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Okay,

Off subject but... Someone asked for an easier way to upload images, in fact 3 members have asked me. @BradtheMiller will be pleased to know, along side @hissingdwarf (I mean MichaelDwarf) ;)

Click "More Post Options".

Then look beneath the text input field (the massive white box) and beneath you will see "Attach Files" and "Image upload with directupload.net"

Click "Browse", find your image, select and then "Attach This File".

A new page will open providing a code or a direct image link.

x3e2fq34.png

Either copy the the one with directly or copy the direct image link and use the photo/picture icon in the post editor. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I hope your having a great time on your hols.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Gone for a change of scenery today. Gone for a drive up the coast. Ended up in Cleethorpes and the kids are currently going crazy on the Magical Kingdom soft play there. Gives me a chance to abuse their free WiFi and catch up properly with some posts.

Right breakdown so far...

Staying at Faulkers lakes near Burgh Le Marsh. ( Google it -lovely.) Lodge is beautiful and lovely to pull back the curtains looking at the lakes. Great for the dog as she loves chasing the geese off!

Highly recommend the site to one and all if you're looking for something more than the traditional caravan hols here.

We've gone with the wife's parents. They're in their towing caravan a few minutes down the road from us. Making the best of it really because me and the old codger (her dad) tolerate each other for politeness sake!

They're were very snobby about coming to this coast, but hopefully they are beginning to realise the holiday is for the kids (and us as we love the atmosphere over here!)

We've done Mablethorpe, Ingoldmells by night, Chapel and Skeg so far. Having a day off from them today so the kids can run riot a little without having to worry about him moaning!

Still got to do Boston for a little shopping and the market and then a full day at Ingoldmells. ( you can't go wrong there. £5 each Child for unlimited rides. )

Beautiful weather and the added bonus of a hot tub when we get back to the lodge.

It's the grandkids enjoying themselves that helps make our holidays.It sounds like you've got it all sorted. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

Went to Fantasy Island for their close of season fireworks last night at it was amazing. They must have spent a shed load on it as it lasted for a good 20 minutes and both sides of the road and the park itself was packed solid. Really enjoyed it as we normally go either to Skeg this time of year or at the beginning of the season, so to see so many people around to support the area was amazing. The council would be ridiculously foolish to let the park close through administration because I can guarantee one of the main attractions of the coast will become a ghost town and the knock on up and down the local coast will be hard felt for all.

Definitely coats, hats and gloves weather, but nothing wrong with that!

All enjoying it so far. Lovely log cabin in front of 3 fishing lakes. If I can I'll post a few pics one evening.

Off to Skeg for the usual walk up and down the main drag and take the kids on the pier and the funfair tomorrow.

HD.

I had a look at the website it looks good, I had a mind to try it for Mrs H's birthday in November but sadly all booked up for the week we can go.

Are you a fisherman then @hissingdwarf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a look at the website it looks good, I had a mind to try it for Mrs H's birthday in November but sadly all booked up for the week we can go.

No, he was a weatherman and then a teacher. Now he's MichaelDwarf PoN's weatherman :D

No fishing for me. Just sat watching them from the patio is making me fall to sleep!

To be fair to the owners though, they have 3 lakes and the public only use the one furthest from the lodges and so far only seen a max of 4 guys at one time. Not a sport, for me, but can imagine it's a good get away from the wife!

If anyone is interested, tell me first and I'll get you a referral discount.

Supporter+

If anyone is interested, tell me first and I'll get you a referral discount.

Yes I saw that when I went on the website and thought I might be able to book it and get you a discount but as I say sadly the dates we wanted were booked up. I liked the sound of the lodges, especially the hot tub, could be quite romantic sipping champagne in a hot tub. Might have got me a few brownie points with Mrs. H.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Yes I saw that when I went on the website and thought I might be able to book it and get you a discount but as I say sadly the dates we wanted were booked up. I liked the sound of the lodges, especially the hot tub, could be quite romantic sipping champagne in a hot tub. Might have got me a few brownie points with Mrs. H.

First we had Michael Fish now @tonyhateley has morphed into Barry White

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpPQBL7PNhs

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

:whistle: 

Never have i laughed so hard, well done to all involved here.

Supporter+

First we had Michael Fish now @tonyhateley has morphed into Barry White

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpPQBL7PNhs

Lol, no I don't want a Barry White signature pic.

Lol, no I don't want a Barry White signature pic.

It could be a one week special just like mine. That's means @Northants Pie @PTID1862 I will be changing it over the weekend to my proper Sig :)

I predict great things in the future. I'll do a weather report if @tonyhateley sings a bit of Barry in the background.

It could be a one week special just like mine. That's means @Northants Pie @PTID1862 I will be changing it over the weekend to my proper Sig :)

I predict great things in the future. I'll do a weather report if @tonyhateley sings a bit of Barry in the background.

ha ha

Go on @notts-joe it's only right that we can all pay homage to our very own Lothario like we did with our very own weatherman

@tonyhateley will need to wear his scarf and shake his fist angrily if we do this.

Think Vinny Jones trying to woo Lindsay Lohan. #meanstreets

@tonyhateley will need to wear his scarf and shake his fist angrily if we do this.

Think Vinny Jones trying to woo Lindsay Lohan. #meanstreets

It was a choice between Barry White and Shaggy, I went for Barry White due to his age...

But for those who aren't old enough to remember Barry White here's Shaggy with words, listen / read then re-read BarryHateley's post

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tvy8-8q6U8

Supporter+

Mr. Lover Lover eh?

You will never know how close you are with that analogy.

Supporter+

I like to think of myself more of a Leslie Phillips. @super_ram and @GrannyPie will remember him - ding dong!

>http://youtu.be/sV0lKD3KPsc

Archived