Matty Tubbs?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

His goal scoring record isn't bad within League 1/2. He is rumoured to be exiting his loan spell with AFC Wimbledon, with Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers and Luton Town supposedly interested.

I can't see Bournemouth wanting him or avoiding putting him back on the loan market.

A few years back his name kept cropping up with us, would you take him on?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

He could do a job, knows how to score and where to be.

I would say he is a better shaun harrad, so it could be worth derry enquiring into tubbs services.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Has Harrod got a Contract to the End of the season?

I'd give anyone a chance right now. Would tubbs be an improvement or a gamble? Not saying he won't,  but we'd need someone from the championship who is looing to get back with their 1st team. 

I wouldn't class him as a major improvement, let's not consider him to be a world beater in this league but I do feel he's got that extra quality which would make a difference. Any striker who can actually score is, a lot more so than players who don't.

Harrad did earn himself a contract to remain for the season but he hasn't featured much.

For me, similar to Pope, Tubbs is one of them who understands the lower leagues and although I highly doubt we will sign him, he could be a good option. His record isn't all that bad but I think he's had a couple of injuries, yet he seemed to do alright with the Dons.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I wouldn't class him as a major improvement, let's not consider him to be a world beater in this league but I do feel he's got that extra quality which would make a difference. Any striker who can actually score is, a lot more so than players who don't.

Harrad did earn himself a contract to remain for the season but he hasn't featured much.

For me, similar to Pope, Tubbs is one of them who understands the lower leagues and although I highly doubt we will sign him, he could be a good option. His record isn't all that bad but I think he's had a couple of injuries, yet he seemed to do alright with the Dons.

What you say is spot on but we have an abundance of the small forwards & given how we play (hooooof to the centre forward) we need a player who can win the ball whilst bringing others into the game, a role Jimmy Spencer does better than any big forward I've seen at Notts in a long long time so on this basis I would say no to Tubbs

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Tubbs is one of many who looked to have a bright future but has not lived up to the hype & expectations. Thought he looked out of condition last night tbh.

He's destined for basement level football imo. We've got Harrad & Murray, why would we want another in the same mould? Not for me, thanks. Would much prefer Johnson - by a distance - and he is a massive injury risk!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Andy Johnson would be a useful addition, I am concerned he may not be match fit.

Tubbs would be a realistic signing for me, he has that quality and eye for goal but he does not have the reputation compared to others. The promise to play him might be all it takes but I have heard Bournemouth want to sell him.

Would this put him out of the question? 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I dont care aslong as they can score!

Signing a player based on experience, name and repuation never works for notts. I would take tubbs over johnson myself! At least you know what you will get.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

supposedly hes signed for portsmouth today.

i think we need to be a little more smarter in the transfer window, its all very well waiting but we could do with at least one addition for saturday.

I can only find his Wiki stating he's joined Portsmouth and that keeps getting wiped.

Only thing that remains is where it says his current club! It wouldn't be a major loss but it would have shown we was looking in the right direction. I envy the clubs that move quickly, although I don't mind waiting rumours around Notts just border the obscene.

Supposedly we are set to sign Raddy who's currently already out on loan!

Archived