Christmas in August?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Reading @tonyhateley's post about his follow on Christmas reminded me of a holiday about 30 years ago.We were in Cornwall with @GrannyPie's parents and my father-in-law was driving us around visiting various tourist attractions.Anyway,it was very hot and we decided to stop at a pub  for a drink near St Ives..My mother-in-law and granny went and sat at an outside table while me and my father-in-law went to get the drinks.As we approached the pub entrance we heard music but it was christmas carols.Going in through the door we were met with the lovely smell of christmas dinner and saw that there were christmas decorations everywhere.The bar staff were all wearing christmasy clothes.In fact everything inside the pub was as it would be at christmas but outside it was August and very hot.It was very surreal.It turned out that the landlord had decided to have a christmas themed charity day.We were even given christmas crackers.When we took our drinks (and crackers)to our table the women thought we were having them on.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

my mums next door neighbour still has he decorations up, including her tree right in the window.

a family near the local shops still has lights up outside.

sorry to hijack your story @super_ram

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Alot of people leave outside lights up all year round. I always try and remember to take everything down myself. There is already adverts on tv about saving up for christmas 2015, i know some people spend alot but its way too early.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Reading @tonyhateley's post about his follow on Christmas reminded me of a holiday about 30 years ago.We were in Cornwall with @GrannyPie's parents and my father-in-law was driving us around visiting various tourist attractions.Anyway,it was very hot and we decided to stop at a pub  for a drink near St Ives..My mother-in-law and granny went and sat at an outside table while me and my father-in-law went to get the drinks.As we approached the pub entrance we heard music but it was christmas carols.Going in through the door we were met with the lovely smell of christmas dinner and saw that there were christmas decorations everywhere.The bar staff were all wearing christmasy clothes.In fact everything inside the pub was as it would be at christmas but outside it was August and very hot.It was very surreal.It turned out that the landlord had decided to have a christmas themed charity day.We were even given christmas crackers.When we took our drinks (and crackers)to our table the women thought we were having them on.

Super and my dad were quite a long time bringing the drinks.It did seem strange pulling christmas crackers in a pub's outside seating area in the middle of August.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought the Christmas discussion would have at least stopped by late last November! Why are they still appearing?!?!?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Who is the bloke who does Christmas every day of the year... right down to the sprouts

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Thank you Google... Andy Park... Mr Christmas

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thank you Google... Andy Park... Mr Christmas

Yes I think I remember reading about him. Imagine celebrating Christmas every day! I daren't think what eating sprouts every day does to his digestive system.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Yes I think I remember reading about him. Imagine celebrating Christmas every day! I daren't think what eating sprouts every day does to his digestive system.

Or the atmosphere.

Archived