We can hope...

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

That this is the start of the end, that the premier league is going supernova. Sky customers who have a package including sports are to see prices increase... not as much as they should IMO, but by 4 pounds per month initially.

So here is the thing....

Can we expect that the customers will just continue to fork out month after month for Premier League football?

Will the fact that ticket prices constantly rising will mean less in the grounds?

I think that if and when any of this starts to happen, then the sponsors will also start to question the money they put in...

Today there are two articles on the new deal, in the first one Arsene Wenger questions the rises, and in the second Munich fans have their say...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2953989/Sky-Sports-customers-hit-10-month-price-hike-meet-rising-costs-5bn-Premier-League-deal.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bayern-munich/11413510/Bayern-Munich-fans-stage-anti-Premier-League-protest.html

your thoughts?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I reckon people will just continue to buy the packages, £4 a month is not a huge increase.

I don't subscribe to Sky but I do have BT Sports for free, they started to introduce a fee for BT Sports HD so I cancelled that but kept the ordinary channel, if they start charging for that I will cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

It should bring ticket prices down but it won't. More £ to the already ridiculously overpaid elite. Unless some money filters down the leagues (it wont) it will separate the premiership even more.

Would be nice to see a few league 1/2 games on tv

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

People will continue to pay for the football, I don't know how companies like BT/Sky/Virgin can package that but I suspect making it wider watched would help - so prices might fall. I don't watch the Premiership much, though I would like to see more Non League games and perhaps more above that. I really miss watching Setanta Sports - ESPN is okay but I don't enjoy it as much.

I think if more fans didn't accept the high prices and opt for deals, it would be cheaper all round.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

People will continue to pay, and that depresses me. If you pay for a Sky subscription, you are perpetuating the inequality that is making English football uncompetitive and uninteresting. And it's not cheap either. For the money I save by not having one I can attend a couple of matches a month, which I prefer anyway, and there are always TV highlights and top flight matches in the pub.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

People will continue to pay, and that depresses me. If you pay for a Sky subscription, you are perpetuating the inequality that is making English football uncompetitive and uninteresting. And it's not cheap either. For the money I save by not having one I can attend a couple of matches a month, which I prefer anyway, and there are always TV highlights and top flight matches in the pub.

And you can watch Sky sport games by not paying. 

e4eec44d91001b3ab02407d48fe92075.jpg

:lol:  :lol:

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I wouldn't pay for it... If ever we are on sky, I can go two doors down and watch it for nowt! Why on earth a Carlisle United fan would want to pay for all the channels is beyond me...eeeejit

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

@PTID1862 proper football?  :lol: you have to feel sorry for them!

im getting tired of people on fb acting like they are going to change what is happening by moaning, signing a piece of paper or online form will not help. the football league should try to attract better sponsorship themselves imo!

Archived