• Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What did/does everyone make of this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21943594#asset

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

no comment joe. concerning to see our chairman looking so down however, hope the club help rebuild the bridge before it sticks. all i have to say

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

it was a strange interview, it seemed to be more about the football league than notts or ray. there were some things he said that were abit odd. he didnt look too happy either.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

I wish him well with trying to implament changes, it won't be easy. Fans need to get on board, yet I don't think this will do that. The club have the power to bring back fans, most will support through thick and thin which I think has the upmost importance. I agree as mentioned above Ray did look very unhappy, concerned but the spark of passion was nice to behold.

Hope the board find what they're seeking, as I am sure do most fans.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Must admit he was saying what I have been saying to people the last couple of months. Especially in respect to teams that get relegated will have the means to go straight back up under the new financial rules.

Would not look forward to a north south division though. Cuts down on travel, but standards of both leagues could be totally different. One could be top heavy on the other, but both having a promotion place or two into the championship.

On a brighter note, heard a whisper today that there will not be an increase in season ticket prices next season. Unfortunately that will mean less funds for new players I suppose.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

On a brighter note, heard a whisper today that there will not be an increase in season ticket prices next season. Unfortunately that will mean less funds for new players I suppose.

I thought this common knowledge, well, at least I thought Mr Trew himself had stated somewhere prices would not be increased. (I just don't remember where)

Certainly we need to look at getting as many season tickets renewed, whilst attracting people like me. I would love to say if it did go up I could but I'd have to question the money, as I've been putting football before the rest of my family, which I am sure a family club could understand that the importance between the two is vital. I hate being unable to go as a family, it's okay when I have people with me. (Joe/Kim/Super Ram) but I always do wish Kate, Ava and Ellie could go more.

I don't like the suggestions about the leagues, it would kill attendances when you're used to watching/visiting grounds. We'd hardly ever see a trip Hartlepool, Swindon and the rest of the fun trips.

Just wished we did more to attract fans, no jabs at the club but there's plenty of avenues to take. (if needed I'm sure somebody could suggest ideas)

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

I think Mr. Trew was very brave(or stupid) to do this interview.He didn't duck any questions,in fact I found him refreshingly honest.He must feel like he's banging his head against s brick wall at times and  he is obviously very passionate about his football.It also comes over that he feels let down by people in his employ.As he also says ,all fans want the best for their club .Only 3 teams can attain promotion though.Put simply, each season will be seen as failure for the the vast majority of clubs unless they do get promoted and if a lot of money has been invested in that failure it could lead to the same problems facing Portsmouth,Coventry and others.This is the problem all clubs face.No wonder Mr.Trew looked unhappy

• Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  2

Ray Trew needs a good bit of encouragement that he's got Notts on the right track. I for one, naive or not, could never see Notts in a bad financial predicament under the leadership of Mr. Trew.

I do feel however that Rodwell needs to be more accountable. There needs to be a link that can really connect between Mr, Trew and the fans like there was at the start of his reign.

If he could bring that spark back, I think fans will be able to connect more and we can move forward together as a football club, rather than him and us.

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

I do feel however that Rodwell needs to be more accountable. There needs to be a link that can really connect between Mr, Trew and the fans like there was at the start of his reign.

If he could bring that spark back, I think fans will be able to connect more and we can move forward together as a football club, rather than him and us.

A lot of fans are calling for Warnock to be installed as manager. I don't think that would solve our problems. But he would definitely fill the role of Director of Football, which would then achieve what UniPie suggests.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Well put,Unipie and 2pies.Give the fans a bit of encouragement.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Thanks for putting that link on Joe I am away at the moment so couldn't watch it on TV, I must say that Ray really looked down in the dumps and that is worrying. I do hope he isn't losing hope, he has done so well since he came to Notts.

I wouldn't like to see the leagues going back to regional leagues, I'd rather Notts be playing teams all over the country. I think the quality of football would suffer.

Archived