Notts Vs Yeovil

upthepies

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

It looks like Pilkington will remain in goal, yet I would not be surprised to see Bart instead. Just read the O/S, not a fan of their site without sounding negative.

Chris Kiwomya: "It’s another hard game against another side in the top six or seven and we have to get the recovery in and go out and play some attacking football." (Magpie Player)

Gary Johnson: "You've got to be wary of the team that's got nothing to gain or nothing to lose. You've definitely got to be up for it, because if you go a goal up they sometimes think it doesn't matter and if you go a goal down they'll be like Barcelona and we've got to be ready for that." (Glovers Player

I had hope to read the match preview here, although I will make do with the official one. I see Yeovil being a real threat, they know how to put a team out within a budget and have some handy players. I see this one being a draw at the best, I will hope that we can win but without any real upfront threat I just don't see it.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,004
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@upthepies Sorry about that, I didn't get chance to write one.

I'm excited about seeing Paddy Madden at the Lane, I think we need to make sure he doesn't creep in. The thing is, they've got multiple players who can on their day be explosive but as a football side (one I respect) they blow hot and cold. Knowing how they like Nottingham, we will have a right battle on our hands and I hope we can get Bart in goal, though if he's ill still. I wouldn't risk it

Pilks will need to be vocal!!

COYP!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Another hard game. But if we start with almost the same starting lineup as Friday, I cold see us having a good chance of wining. Must play two up front though.

Looking forward to the game. There could still be a couple of twists yet.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

It will be great to see a win, but as most people are saying, this is a tougher game than some. I'm hoping for 3 points, but would be happy with 1 for this game. Be nice for Bart to be back in goal too.

Waite seemed very impressive when he came on, I think he could be a good player in a couple of years if we get the most of him, whilst aiding his learning/understanding of the game. I feel sorry for Arquin, He did appear to be trying and semi useful for what he could. I don't think our style of crossing to get chances works for him, until we learn to play balls into the box inviting a good finisher to score I feel he will be just the same player. Showunmi flashes, he should of crossed when he bulldozed his way through, he should have shot and not tried to do a looping header. He had a brilliant header however in the first half!

The team just doesn't connect, there's a lack of movement and we limit ourselves.

Judge deserves credit, Kelly did well and Sheehan. Yeovil wasn't that impressive for me, I like them but nothing special and Paddy Madden let me down. I didn't see his goal but I heard it was simple, in fairness if we upped our game we could have gotten back into this.

Onwards  and upwards!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

We are just not playing as a team and the awful pitch didn't help! Judge was our best player today and what a miss by Jeff Hughes!! Fabian will have better days but his inexperience showed today. He allowed himself to be distracted by the two Yeovil players blocking him on the line just before the free kick was taken!! Not a lot of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. #playforprideNotts

We are just not playing as a team and the awful pitch didn't help! Judge was our best player today and what a miss by Jeff Hughes!! Fabian will have better days but his inexperience showed today. He allowed himself to be distracted by the two Yeovil players blocking him on the line just before the free kick was taken!! Not a lot of light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. #playforprideNotts

Yes, I lost count of how many times Judge for example slipped but even Waite seemed to have issues, I could name others too. Judge was unlucky not to make it 2-2, he really did have a good game today which shows how important it is to make sure we get the best out of players. Jeff's miss! I jumped up cheering and then realized it curved away rather disappointingly but what a good build up!

Fabian, He's lost his confidence. He didn't seem like super man today, though at least he's learning. :)

I said to Joe the ref should of told them not to interfere, awhile back it would have been given as a foul to us but now keepers are openly and freely obstructed. It's annoying because these sort of things ruin the game, very well taken free kick.

Give me of the fringe players, youths coming through a chance now. Play Waite when possible, build him for next season..

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Yeovil pushed for their goals, we did not quite respond as to how we should have. Some brilliant chances! I don't know how their keeper saved the header in the first half or how Jeff missed.

I would suggest confidence is down for all the players Joe, sad really.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

On the positive side we were better than recently and have hopefully stopped all the sideways, backwards passing, we were more direct which the awful state of the pitch dictates.

The players were quick to mention the pitch afterwards but as CK pointed out in his interview it was the same for both sides and we have to adapt.

I nearly didn't bother with this match, the end of season can't come quick enough for me, lets regroup and get ready for next season .

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Testing times with Notts in limbo.I'm sure a few players are feeling unsure of their futures.

We tend to let too many good players slip through our net, mentoring should be made a priority. We've got a good core, just need a few more additional players. Sadly, I don't like saying it but part players should be the one's who are cut loose. Hamza, I so wanted him to return strong but his frustration shown at Swindon and I am in the mind he should be playing more, just not with us.

Would love to see Liddle return to midfield, we've got good enough cover and actual centre backs. Why can't we see the return of Pearce if he's fit again?

Really we need to use players more wisely, if they don't perform bench them. I don't know why Zoko is out in the cold, if we got him back to how he played in the first half of the season he would be an important player. As it stands we just throw him on as a last option, I feel for him because he does well. (least IMO)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Not the greatest of games, a lose wasn't what we wanted.

A least we tried abit, but we could of done better.

Hopefully the pitch is better at the next home game.

Archived