Notts vs Derby

Modern Notts Fan 🔥

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,295
  • Days Won:  69

Derby County: Andreas Weimann and Tom Ince hit hat-tricks as Rams...

ANDREAS Weimann and Tom Ince hit hat-tricks as Derby County beat Notts County 7-1 in a private friendly on Thursday.Darren Bent was also on target as a host of...

1 comment

Here's the report from The Derby Telegraph for you @[member="Notts26"].No disgrace for Notts as this was still a strong Rams team inspite of international absentees and we were probably still annoyed at losing to your neighbours over the river.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Whether the reserves win or lose is meaningless, I wouldn't read anything into it at all. Tom Ince would score a hatful against our first team, never mind our reserves.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Wow. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence! Must check the OS. Wonder who scored.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

don't wanna read it it's getting worse by the day I'm starting to lose faith

Get a grip man, it's a reserve match, Derby fielded a very strong team as @[member="DangerousSausage"] says Tom Ince is a class act, no disgrace in this result at all.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Nothing on the OS yet? Would like to see what the team was.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

we're are you all getting this idea it was the reserves from?

Loach Swerts Sheehan Edwards Stanley Noble De Silva Murray an I'd imagine McLeod up top so much for reserves is it 7-1 no shame in it no but hardly much needed confidence either

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Whether the reserves win or lose is meaningless, I wouldn't read anything into it at all. Tom Ince would score a hatful against our first team, never mind our reserves.

C'mon DS, we all know secretly any loss for Notts means ye want ya money back (Moniz sacked). ;)

I'm pleased to see someone express this early on.

Get a grip man, it's a reserve match, Derby fielded a very strong team as @[member="DangerousSausage"] says Tom Ince is a class act, no disgrace in this result at all.

Tom Ince isn't the only good player Derby have and we can't win every other week, sometimes the good gets the thick of things occasionally but I agree the result is meaningless. Perhaps this is why the defeat was so high? Yet any professional footballer should take every and any game seriously.

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Ha ha you're comparing Derby to Notts.

The sky is falling around this place!!

As a professional athlete or footballer every game should be taken seriously and professional if you go into you're job with a unprofessional approach you should be sacked .

Also Derby are very good no doubt about that but 7-1 is abit of a laugh yea it's a friendly fair enough but is it friendly when Izale McLeod an Jon stead may be sat on say 2-3k a week.

Effort costs nothing commitment and desire are not a costly thing either you know why accrington and Mansfield are in the top 5?

It's the magical thing called Desire Comitment and passion and desire to bust there guts for a win something we don't have and I'm not basing it on this game no .

The only time I've seen us this season bust a gut was at villa park we really wanted it and was very unlucky.

Maybe if against Pompey we busted a gut the cross doesn't come in and they don't score maybe the same against Salford.

Maybe against Luton when the lad has all the time to shoot why was that? cause no one busted a damn gut to close him down and throw there body on the line .

Derry wasn't the best no but one thing he installed was spirit belief and guts something we're missing also we don't have leaders other then Carroll and smith.

I'm sorry but when Mansfield came and beat us they showed guts passion and desire we showed nothing that's what can win games how bad do you want it.

Some of our lot don't seem so botherd At times and Northamphton will have the same approach.

A club in debt horrid times for them but they'll come meadow lane and fight for there fans and give everything our lot don't seem to do that in my view.

again this is my opinion and based on what I see and yes I am a season ticket holder so I see everything just in case someone uses that argument on me

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Did you go to the match @[member="Notts26"]? Maybe the players did give their all, maybe the did play with commitment and bust a gut but maybe they just didn't have the same level of skill that Derby possess in abundance.

I don't know, I wasn't there, we can't even find out what the Notts team was, perhaps they were all youth team players. So personally I wouldn't criticise them not being in possession of all the facts.

Accrington - did they bust a gut when the ball was in the box and the player scores from 2 yards ?

Did they bust a gut against Mansfield Or even show any desire ?

Luton when they equalised how many players did you see running out to block his shot none.

Salford did you see anyone thinking right I will get in the way of this cross no did you see anyone show any leadership to say right come on no .

It's not about one game it's about several there is a diffrence .

most of goal we have consided are from crosses I believe and on the counter last season set pieces was a problem we all knew we needed a Centre back but the messiah Ricardo thought na we don't .

What we need is a 150,000 striker an play him on his own it's not rocket science we don't get out quick enough to close space down.

Pompey how many times did they go thro the middle of us at will I Rember it happening a lot how many times did Davies whip in quality balls a lot why cause he was allowed to.

Not having a dig but if you allow any half decent player to whip in a ball they will if you allow any player to have a crack they will .

And if the same happens at Northamphton you can see what I mean after but for me we need to block crosses and shots far quicker .

Again this is based on a lot of games not just Derby read into what you will

• Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

not remotely bothered, derby are a good team and it was our reserves against a solid derby side.

good test of character and ability, nothing else.

what????

if it was our reserves this for me is dumb cause our first team would of played since Salford which is a while back now.

So it would of made more sense if it was the RESERVES to play the first team and keep them fresh and match game time I still highly doubt it was our reserves.

Archived