New manager

Feral Fox

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I actually find the bickering to be very disappointing.

@tonyhateley how do we stimulate discussion without allowing people free speech?

--

The rule of the thumb, IGNORE comments in which you are unhappy with. If someone says anything outline, report it - otherwise try to keep some form of community harmony going. Never have I seen anything like this, it's all so petty.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

Come come children,do I have to let @GrannyPie loose  with her walking sticks.Let's have banter by all means but please cut out the unpleasantness it is still the season of goodwill and we do all support or (in my case) have a soft spot for Notts don't we.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Someone id be interested in is john Sheridan at Newport if he would come, the compensation wouldn't be too much and he has proven he is a good manager,

If not him then mark cooper who I was very impressed with at Swindon last year, someone like Ian barraclough like uncle col mentioned would he like appointing another derry/moniz, someone untested in league 2

Problem with John is, he knows League Two but he goes missing within League One.

I think we would benefit from knowing the next manager is a strategic person, who can plan not just for the next game but next season. Ideally someone who has a good record within League Two and One. I am quite warming to the Mark Cooper, the rumour surrounding him seems very popular but I would rule out anyone with lower league experience or no experience at all.

A sensible appointment would be very welcomed at this stage and by sensible, I mean someone who won't divide opinion and has a track record.

I know the term 'failure' has been branded when dealing with managers, yet all managers have failed somewhere and the same can be said for players.

Well I think Mark cooper would be ideal because he likes to play attacking football as well which would suit our players, but the fact Sheridan has had success more than once and cooper didn't do amazingly well this year tips it for me

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

out of the main people tipped, i am also more open to john sheridan because he knows this division.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 20:18, tonyhateley said:

They've all failed in the past that's why they are available.

Might as well let Dryden see what he can do, I'm that disenchanted at the moment that I honestly don't care.

Odd thing to say I know, but it depends on your definition of 'failure'.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, notts-joe said:

I actually find the bickering to be very disappointing.

@tonyhateley how do we stimulate discussion without allowing people free speech?

--

The rule of the thumb, IGNORE comments in which you are unhappy with. If someone says anything outline, report it - otherwise try to keep some form of community harmony going. Never have I seen anything like this, it's all so petty.

Odd that you should single out @tonyhateley

There is more than 1 person bickering.

Yes I'm all for free speech but people don't like being told how to think.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I'd be happy with John Sheridan as well if it came down to it. Cooper is my first choice due to his ability to put a little flair into his teams. With that being Moniz's brief then it would be a natural choice to go with a man that can meet both needs of defence and attack minded football.

Sheridan is reliable and solid who has previous experience of winning this division. 

Both good shouts!

12 hours ago, 1862 said:

jeez someone snappy fair enough if you wanna be grumpy be like that tra an I'm not happy so stop thinking you know best and no one is lecturing.

If you wanna be miserable be miserable just don't talk to me if you gonna be depressing an snappy 

People will get snappy if they are told how they should feel for example 'you really need to lighten up'.

For months you have been telling people Moniz is no good, fair enough, but don't say they should share you're view of how it has turned out.

16 minutes ago, Riverleeno said:

Odd that you should single out @tonyhateley

There is more than 1 person bickering.

Yes I'm all for free speech but people don't like being told how to think.

@Riverleeno - I'm fully aware of what's going on, this matter has been addressed privately but that said - I'm simply reminding a team member to rise above things.

Some of the direct comments I do not expect to see from anyone.

52 minutes ago, hissingdwarf said:

I'd be happy with John Sheridan as well if it came down to it. Cooper is my first choice due to his ability to put a little flair into his teams. With that being Moniz's brief then it would be a natural choice to go with a man that can meet both needs of defence and attack minded football.

Sheridan is reliable and solid who has previous experience of winning this division. 

Both good shouts!

Good points, seem to remember Swindon played some good football when Notts played them last December (was that only a year ago!) 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

I can't believe people can even consider Dryden!  Do people never learn?

Apart from Bowyer & Sherwood, the bulk of that original list are absolute tripe, utter dross the lot.

Wouldn't wan't any of them tbh, I'd take Cotterill any day of the week if he was available. Not sure what the fuss about Cooper is, at all, nothing to get excited about there. If we end up with him, fine,I'd have to go with it but my expectations would be limited.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727

cooper is realistic cotterill is not he's never going to come back becuase he could easily land a job with a top 4 league one side and his wage demands would be far more significant.

Also Sheridan and cooper are both good lower league managers cooper as proved he can get a team in league one firing.

Sheridan knows the ropes in league two but like @notts-joe says league one is diffrent an he goes missing.

Personally I'd have cooper if he can get us in the play offs great league one hel be more suited and prepared and know what's required.

And I'd consider cotterill but highly doubt he'd ever consider dropping to a league two team

Cotterill is no chance.

Sheridan needs to prove himself at league one, but our immediate concern isn't that. It's getting the tactics and defence sorted to get out of league two asap.

Cooper is a good prospect now and for the future. My first choice. Sheridan second choice.

For gord sake @RayTrew do not go with an untried man such as Dryden. Please go for a decent manager that knows his stuff. We've been begging for it since Steve Cotts left.

think realistically cotterill is zero it's not even a maybe it's a FACT he will get a top league one job if he gets the sack.

Now Sheridan could take weeks to eve get to talk to him as Newport can easily say no and that's time wasted and even if they say yes then it's more weeks of discussing terms etc .

Cooper is the obvious one in my view he's out of work understands management has worked with a realitive small budget brought few good kids Thro at Swindon sold em on.

Plays good decent football and would start ASAP and all we really need is a solid  centre  Back or 2 not a great deal needs doing.

We can't afford to chase people who could take weeks and weeks beyond we need someone who can come in crack on and fire them up and sort the biggest issues 

8 minutes ago, 1862 said:

think realistically cotterill is zero it's not even a maybe it's a FACT he will get a top league one job if he gets the sack.

Now Sheridan could take weeks to eve get to talk to him as Newport can easily say no and that's time wasted and even if they say yes then it's more weeks of discussing terms etc .

Cooper is the obvious one in my view he's out of work understands management has worked with a realitive small budget brought few good kids Thro at Swindon sold em on.

Plays good decent football and would start ASAP and all we really need is a solid  centre  Back or 2 not a great deal needs doing.

We can't afford to chase people who could take weeks and weeks beyond we need someone who can come in crack on and fire them up and sort the biggest issues 

Hopefully someone signs asap, last time Ricardo was messing about and it took 1-2 weeks, we need someone at least by next week, mark cooper for me, I was really impressed by Swindon last year

So Darren Purse is storming up the betting charts now! Someone said at half time they had seen him in the directors box as well. I wouldn't know as I have no bloody idea what he looks like.

After a little googling, he has no experience and a bucket load of clubs under his belt.

We couldn't be that stupid again? Could we?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I hear tell, that Cooper was at the Mansfield v Accrington game yesterday! Eying up next weeks opposition maybe. 

I also heard that floating around but people now say he's a scout for us which us rubbish.

The bloke is a stand out manager for me Cooper is doing all the right things he's researching opponents watching there style of play etc etc.

Also Darren Purse was apparently in the DP stand yesterday with his wife only coaching he has is Rushden and Diamonds U18 please don't let him apply.

For me if cooper is researching our next opponent was at the game before moniz sacked Dryden was his assistant at Tamworth these ain't just coinsdence.

He should be appointed next week lets not mess about being him in let him get the quality in he needs while there is time cause way I see it he looks odd on to get it.

Why do you come to the game when moniz gets sacked if you know nowt about it also why do you then go watch our next opponent.

For me there 2 signs he is likely to step in sooner then later 

The shortlist is down to 8 now and Malky McKay isn't  on the list as seems he's going Celtic.

so I'd imagine the list is like this 

1Sheridan but we've got to contact Newport.

2Mark Cooper 

3 Richard Money 

4 Darren Purse was at game maybe he's on it just a guess 

and someone else can fill the rest in becuase I have no clue except some dross to be on it like Saunders or Dickov 

Archived