Relegation?

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I've seen a lot of talk about relegation on this board. As infuriating, perplexing and depressing as our choice of manager is, I don't think we should be worrying about going down.

Right now we have 30 points, 9 shy of the play-offs and 13 clear of the bottom two. The bottom two have won six games between them and will have to improve significantly to even get to 40 points. With almost half the season to go, we already have 30 and consistently beat teams outside the top 7 at home. The situation isn't like last season when we were clearly the worst side in the division for a big chunk of the season; this time there are a lot of teams worse than us.

I'm depressed that I even had to look at the bottom of League Two again to be honest, I hoped we had left those days behind us. And as poor as Derry and Moniz were, we would probably be in a happier place had we held on to them and allowed them to learn from their mistakes. But in the rather likely event that Fullarton fails, he'll be gone in the summer, barring a disaster we'll still be in the same place and we can but hope that the powers that be at our club appoint an experienced manager and allow him to do his job.

Let's keep all this in perspective anyway. In 1.1 billion years the sun will be 10% more powerful than it is today, causing the oceans to evaporate and ending life on Earth. We will all be dead and Nottingham and Notts County will be no more (although Mike Edwards will probably still be wandering around the ruins of Meadow Lane expecting to get a game at centre half).

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,994
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I doubt relegation will happen this season, it would be very strange if it happened but we will need to get points.

I'm not worried about that, just getting out of this division because I don't want us stuck in it any longer than we have to be. It's the uncertainty of being somewhere close to what would ruin this club.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

Let's keep all this in perspective anyway. In 1.1 billion years the sun will be 10% more powerful than it is today, causing the oceans to evaporate and ending life on Earth. We will all be dead and Nottingham and Notts County will be no more

There is always someone ready to spoil your day isn't there. The end of life on earth and just when we will have sorted our back four out

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I don't think it will happen only purely on the points that Moniz got us at home. Will be a lot closer than some realise I suspect. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

not seen or read many comments about relegation myself, just the odd comment about us being freefall which is about right.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Relegation won't happen. Mr Trew needs his beloved ladies team to be associated with a league club. Is it a coincidence that we get another cheap manager while the ladies need further investment to compete at the top level? Call me Fox Mulder......

Archived