NEP Jacob's column

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-column-Jacob-Daniel/story-28614578-detail/story.html

Maybe a fair reflection of most people's concerns. Sincerely hope Jamie does succeed

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

JF simply under estimated Wimbledon, I genuinely believe he felt his tactics would give us an advantage as Wimbledon may have prepared for a different team. They however asserted themselves with such dominance that we just struggled - I think having made a few tweaks and one substitute could gave made a massive difference before half time.

When you don't get balls down the flanks and your midfield is empty, you will always struggle.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,772
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@notts-joe As you say, it needed changing before half time, or at least at half time. The failure to recognise we needed creativity, Jamie was just like a rabbit looking into the headlights. 

It's a new managers trait - I'm obviously not one but I believe I have a good grasp of the game and I could tell 25 minutes in that if something didn't change it would just get harder. I was surprised Wimbledon didn't go more up before the end of the first half, you just wanted to see one or two players take the game on but none did.

Inexperienced managers very really gamble on changes, as in my opinion they feel it just takes one attack to change the circumstances, especially when it's 1-0.

Under Derry, he often left substitutes late because he felt a goal for us would put us back in game - the problem is knowing that the chances are few and far between. So, they hold off hoping for it change but sometimes you have to force it.

It's difficult because you can take a player off who's under performing and replace them for another who struggles to pick the game up at all.

Then again, we could talk about someone totally out of their depth with making changes i.e CK.

He left it beyond reason, if he didn't - the players was wrong for the moment.

Credit to JF, he introduced Murray and Noble which made a difference - it was the right idea but the problem was his timing, far too late to make any sort of real impact.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

the post? zzzzzzz... it crashes my tablet trying to browse their site. how many ads can you fit on one page? the post put it to the test. :huh:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  648
  • Days Won:  4

What you've got to remember is that it was JF's 2nd game. He's putting players out there to see if they can do a job & that will decide their futures. RM had all season & I still don't think he knew his best team or what position to play certain players

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

@Dan I do not disagree, Moniz did not know his best 11.

Yet Fullarton needs to settle squad down and avoid making decisions which should only happen in pre season. he has the training ground to see what players can do, and on match days he has to pick wisely. So far both games have come as a surprise, we won one by a good goal and lost the other looking like a side out of its depth. 3 shots and low confidence? Sorry but it will get harder.

Archived