Goals from Luton v Notts

Tarkers

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  530
  • Days Won:  24

7am here and I just found the goals on Youtube.......great goal from Stead, did someone "spike" his half-time cuppa?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

While stead isn't everyone's cup of tea, he always tries his best and hopefully he will be scoring many more, this one was a cracker though!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't want to sound negative, as I realise yesterday was a good result and performance. Yet those short highlights raise concerns, firstly the amount of space we allow the opposition by being packed in or spread out wide - yes I know it's early days but still.

We should try to cut out leaving the opposition so much space, good teams will exploit it - I'm surprised we even one the header considering the player was out numbered.

Also, you can't gauge the whole game by a few minutes presented by highlights.

Yet, given their chances it could have turned out differently - which is the point. Both goals, well worked and good movement. McLeod lost his focus for his shot but made a good run, overall pleasing but this shows its still progression. Well done JF and the lads.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Tremendous goal from Stead, that looks like a genuine burst of pace to take him clear.  To be honest the two goals we scored are typical of the type we've conceded all season - an unlucky deflection in the box, then a run from the half way line with little in the way of challenge.  Great result for Fullarton, now he has to show he can do the business at Meadow Lane on Saturday, and Hartlepool offer him an excellent opportunity.  

Tremendous goal from Stead, that looks like a genuine burst of pace to take him clear.  To be honest the two goals we scored are typical of the type we've conceded all season - an unlucky deflection in the box, then a run from the half way line with little in the way of challenge.  Great result for Fullarton, now he has to show he can do the business at Meadow Lane on Saturday, and Hartlepool offer him an excellent opportunity.  

Are hartlepool any good? Their league position shows them not to be but we aren't as bad as the 19th we were a few weeks ago

@ohstanleyaborah - Decent team.

I know much about Hartlepool, I've forged good connections with their fans.

I certainly think they should be more mid table, their problem is inexperience but they have some very good players. They took a lad on loan from Mansfield who's highly rated by them and quite a few teams in this division - in fact I'm surprised they allowed him to go out. Perhaps @Dan shed some further light on this?

Yet I think the problems stem from their budget and probably the manager struggling to get consistancy from them. They're well supported, godo loyal following and I think they have the right idea. Several good players tend to go their to gain experience, so really it's what is to be expected. Flashes of brilliance, times where it doesn't work - I think they should target more experience in the summer.

@ohstanleyaborah - Decent team.

I know much about Hartlepool, I've forged good connections with their fans.

I certainly think they should be more mid table, their problem is inexperience but they have some very good players. They took a lad on loan from Mansfield who's highly rated by them and quite a few teams in this division - in fact I'm surprised they allowed him to go out. Perhaps @Dan shed some further light on this?

Yet I think the problems stem from their budget and probably the manager struggling to get consistancy from them. They're well supported, godo loyal following and I think they have the right idea. Several good players tend to go their to gain experience, so really it's what is to be expected. Flashes of brilliance, times where it doesn't work - I think they should target more experience in the summer.

Anyone up front we should be scared of?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

Stead is a battler, by far one of our best players this season.

Its just a shame tactics and formations has prevented more from seeing this. Great goals by Notts, Steads run was sweet.

Both stead and mcleod are at their best when its played on the ground to them, sadly we haven't been playing to their strengths, hopefully when we do we will get a lot more from izale

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  6

Normally wouldn't fans be moaning about the chances we missed! Two well created goals changes everything, as it does some fans negative attitude towards the manager until the next time we lose.

Normally wouldn't fans be moaning about the chances we missed! Two well created goals changes everything, as it does some fans negative attitude towards the manager until the next time we lose.

Wait until we lose and people will be on his back again saying we never shoulepd have appointed him, but for now it seems most people are giving him a chance

I rate Jon, I just would prefer him to lead the line but I know he offers us much more than some sees.

When he went down, if I was at the game - I'd be worried that he had been injured. Considering our options upfront now, I don't think we have another striker with the slighest comparison to him.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

18 hours ago, Blink1862 said:

Stead is a battler, by far one of our best players this season.

Its just a shame tactics and formations has prevented more from seeing this. Great goals by Notts, Steads run was sweet.

Agreed.

Expectations from a settled Bradford has not helped either!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

good burst of speed shown by stead, is he stevie g is disguise?

• Content Count:  6

2 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Wait until we lose and people will be on his back again saying we never shoulepd have appointed him, but for now it seems most people are giving him a chance

It might be the fact I have been away for a few years.

I don't understand this concept of football. Anybody knows you give the manager time!! If we win on Saturday, he will be a god.

1 hour ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

He did slip at the end aswell..

There's a difference there... Haha!!

One resulted in a positive goal and the other lost the title. :P

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Just watched the full game on Magpie Player, our fans were brilliant, Alan Sheehan songs from when he scored right to after the final whistle. :lol::lol:

Hollis, Stead and Noble the stand-out players for me

Archived