The Boss

Riverleeno

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

Just now, erindoors said:

Ridiculous comment. Curtis is a journo, and "The Trews  and/or affiliates" do not feed or control him in that manner.

Not ridiculous. Hence the word 'seems'. I obviously don't think that you write his articles for him, only that the way he is now writing it SEEMS as if you do. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp interviews pre York game on the Magpie Player?

right you are, thought you were referring to the post match. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  174
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Not ridiculous. Hence the word 'seems'. I obviously don't think that you write his articles for him, only that the way he is now writing it SEEMS as if you do. 

well, it "seems" like you are totally wrong. 

5 minutes ago, erindoors said:

well, it "seems" like you are totally wrong. 

Whilst that was never my original point, I'm glad you confirmed that you indeed don't write his articles. 

Maybe if you did, a defence who just leaked 2 goals and got beat against the leagues worst club would not receive an average rating of 7. 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍  ..... quite a few points in your last two posts so I'll try and answer them for you if I can?

My earlier posts was in response to your point about players playing at a higher level so let me explain.

1. When Fullarton played in Scotland it was a very different standard of league than it is today (and in recent years)

Here are some members of the Rangers squad from 2000 , the same period Fullarton was at Dundee United - Manager -Mr Advocaat (wouldnt let me post his first name), Tor andre flo ( just signed for £12 million ), Stefan Klos, Ronald de boer, Claudio Reina, Gio Van bronkhorst, Michael Mols, Arthur Numan, Tugay, Andre Kanchelskis, Fernando Ricksen, Kenny Miller, Peter Lovenkrands

and Celtic? - Manager Martin O'Neill, Alan Stubbs, Alan Thompson, Johan Mjallby, Eyal berkovic, Paul Lambert, Neil Lennon, Chris Sutton, Henrik Larsson, Shaun Maloney, Lubo Moravcik....my point? That league and the standard in 2000 - 2002 is a world away from todays Scottish league so I dont think the comparison is fair.. why? because you based your comparison on Curier ( 2008 season) , Robinson (2015 season) and Haynes (2014 season)

2. You dismiss the fact he played in the premier league but he did? doesn't mean he will walk in as you say 'and be like I'm the gaffer' but I'm just stating the facts

3. His managerial experience is well documented so I'm not entirely sure why you need me to go back over that?

4. What bizarre methods at Bolton? Look at the stats of the bolton development team around that time and you will see they are actually very good. The story about Fullarton being 'unpopular' came from a fans forum and not from the media or the club. This developed into some kind of  'bullying' rumour which has done the rounds when in fact Fullarton was brought in by Freedman to instill some standards in the development squad which he felt were lacking. This info is all out in the media if you choose to read it. He was not sacked for bullying, that is totally incorrect but left the club when Neil Lennon came in and wanted  his own staff. And for the record I've never said 'he's so damn good' only that people were sure he would get a chance in the game and hoped he did well.

5. I never stated that I have been to the game and haven't made any comment on performances so far so I have to respect your thoughts on that and hope it will improve.

6. former players didnt rate him? is that the players who were maybe told that they weren't ready for a first team start? not sure i'd be too happy with that news either

But going back to your earlier point about foreigners...I know there aren't any on the bench, I'm merely pointing out that I can't see a manager leaving anyone out because 'they aren't English'. I do think that the fans need to ask more of their local press though as these same questions keep coming up and none of these things are asked by them on fans behalf.

Tomorrow night is a bigger challenge than it might have been a week ago with a change in management at Hartlepool ( and Craig Hignett's assistant being Curtis Fleming who was Freedmans assistant at Bolton) so let's hope for a positive result 

Hope that all makes sense 

okay he played premier league Roy Carroll has played and Alan smith at a club that is probaly one of the biggest in the world of football .

And second josh vela if you ever watched josh vela when he played at Notts he was a battling solid centre mid.

Who was been chased by Cardiff for a 5M fee a belive and for him to tweet all I'm gonna say is good luck says something about his ability of the job.

And we'll tell me one foreigner who makes the bench ? none I ain't been funny but the bloke is deluded if he's played in the premier league how can he be so blind then.

He thought we played well against York and dominated the game 😴😴 if we lose tomrrow I reckon Itl be the same crap interview same written speeche 

Id do anything for a Martin Oniel 

If he's a high rated coach I'm Jose mourinho cause if high rated football is sit back defend for 90 mins hoof the ball a 10 year old could do that job 

another thing il add if he has played in the premier league how can he not see that if we pass on the floor we may create chances.

Im not been funny in all games iv seen under him we have gone from scoring goals to sending fans to sleep 

• Content Count:  173

@Modern Fan 1862 👍  I'm not sure why you keep going on about the foreigner thing?  Valencic played and scored but he sees these guys every day, how they are , their attitude etc and picks his team... I'm not there so I don't know his thought process but I'm pretty confident he isn't just leaving out non UK players for the sake of it? why would he do that?

Listen the guy has been in football as a player and coach for 20 years and I'm not here to be his agent or sponsor, I'm only trying to give some balance where I think its needed.

I've only seen game highlights so far so I can't comment on tactics etc but if the style in the first 4 games is poor then those questions need asked of the manager if the fans feel its an issue? If the press aren't asking them then you've got to ask are they seeing the same game?, do they disagree with you? or do they just not ask the questions? I dont know but you need to speak to them and get them to pose these questions on your behalf ...at the end of the day ,that's their job but I've got to be honest and say ...its only been 4 games ...Jackie McNamara who is in charge at York lost his first 7 games !! Jeez...I can only imagine what he was getting from fans !

did Jackie have a 150,000 striker and a former premier league striker in Jon stead ? 

Did he also have a Stanley aborah a Liam noble ? did he have half the budget we have had no so stop comparing a s**** team that have won 3 games at home all year 

Its almost like you're happy with the way we're playing football at the minute Infact next home game tell me what you see in this numpty and his game plan 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

24 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

@Modern Fan 1862 👍  I'm not sure why you keep going on about the foreigner thing?  Valencic played and scored but he sees these guys every day, how they are , their attitude etc and picks his team... I'm not there so I don't know his thought process but I'm pretty confident he isn't just leaving out non UK players for the sake of it? why would he do that?

Listen the guy has been in football as a player and coach for 20 years and I'm not here to be his agent or sponsor, I'm only trying to give some balance where I think its needed.

I've only seen game highlights so far so I can't comment on tactics etc but if the style in the first 4 games is poor then those questions need asked of the manager if the fans feel its an issue? If the press aren't asking them then you've got to ask are they seeing the same game?, do they disagree with you? or do they just not ask the questions? I dont know but you need to speak to them and get them to pose these questions on your behalf ...at the end of the day ,that's their job but I've got to be honest and say ...its only been 4 games ...Jackie McNamara who is in charge at York lost his first 7 games !! Jeez...I can only imagine what he was getting from fans !

Well hopefully the 'meet the manager' event that was cancelled/postponed will be put on soon.

good I hope someone asks him why has Stanley not playing also why are we hoofing the ball for it to come back constantly.

Also what is the training sessions or set piece routines from 20 corners that don't trouble the goalie and also final why does he think we are in charge of games when we don't get out our own half ie Wimbledon 

3 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Whilst that was never my original point, I'm glad you confirmed that you indeed don't write his articles. 

Maybe if you did, a defence who just leaked 2 goals and got beat against the leagues worst club would not receive an average rating of 7. 

It appears that the ratings I was referring to were covered by a 'Matt Davis' and not Leigh Curtis, so I must apologise.

Maybe Leigh has had a week off and they forgot to send a reporter, so guessed the ratings?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

if you want to run the 'continental' system of a 'director of football' and a first team coach that's fine by me. However, it must be open and honest. The 'director of football'must be a long term appointment with a vision for 10 years or so who gathers the squad together with a certain standard and style of play in mind and then appoints the right coach to run the first team on - say - a 3-4 year basis. Note in this system the 'director of football' in MORE important than the first team coach, e.g. Michael Zorc at Dortmund 15 years and counting, Max Eberl at Gladbach 8 years and counting, Rudi Voller at Leverkusen 12 years and counting. Gladbach's rise to European level was down to many coaches, but Helmut Grashoff was sporting director for 30 years. These are the key men in the organisation - another example - Uli Hoeness 27 years at Bayern. It's also worth noting that Zorc, Eberl and Hoeness played for the clubs they now run and Grashoff has born and bred in the town.

Or you can run the traditional UK system of 1 person 'the manager' who controls everything, e.g. Jimmy Sirrell, Neil Warnock, Sam Allardyce, Steve Cotterill. These men would brook no interference.

Notts are trying to run a bastardised version of the 2 simultaneously - hence the successoin of disasters/coaches/losses. Ir seems to me (from the outside) that the job description our managers sign up for turns out to be inaccurate.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@ivansneck I hear what you say. To me, it's the philosophy that drives success. Bournemouth and Swansea adopted a total football philosophy when in League 2. The total football structure was there, the team shape and understanding, which served them in good stead when progressing to the higher divisions. I wholeheartedly supported Rays appointment of Ricardo, it was bold but that footballing vision was there. Perhaps they needed some serious head bashing between all the footballing staff to get it working...we may never know if Kevan and Yates had any input? Now we are faced with Jamie, who we will do our best to support. However, in his initial media interviews, he talked about there is nothing wrong with the offensive play, it's just focusing on the defence that needs tweaking. In reality, he has changed the whole footballing spine of the team by leaving out Stanley. Valencic scores a wonder goal and follows up with 2 top class passes, the chances of which were not buried. He then gets dropped. 

The footballing philosophy seems to have been deliberately dropped to Derryesque hoof ball which is unacceptable. We are trying to build a future for this club and its an enormous step back! It's just so frustrating.

16 hours ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

okay il let him pick the team he sees everyday and when we lose the next five games il await you're excuse 

Listen , I appreciate you're not the most positive soul in the world at the moment and you are frustrated after a loss at York but I genuinely hope you are wrong about the next games.....its quite clear some fans cant accept one defeat , never mind 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

18 hours ago, erindoors said:

Ridiculous comment. Curtis is a journo, and "The Trews  and/or affiliates" do not feed or control him in that manner.

I am asking this not to argue but for clarity.

Whilst I do not believe for a second that you or any of the board write for the post, after all the club posses its own means to paint a cheery picture, even if standards have fallen short since the departure of a very good media team. I find myself wondering from the comments posted previously, what did Ray hope to achieve by banning leigh curtis and the nottingham post rather hasty?

It seems a little more than a coincidence that they should suddenly start avoiding anything that the club could quite possibly take the wrong way.

17 hours ago, Modern Fan 1862 👍 said:

good I hope someone asks him why has Stanley not playing also why are we hoofing the ball for it to come back constantly.

Also what is the training sessions or set piece routines from 20 corners that don't trouble the goalie and also final why does he think we are in charge of games when we don't get out our own half ie Wimbledon 

My question is why don't you ask him if there is such a forum? no point hoping someone else does surely? 

@NewNottsFan There was a fans forum planned but was cancelled? Wish there was an opportunity for a  live web chat instead. 

@Piethagoram the club said they expected tickets to be sold before and after the home game at Hartlepool so I'm hoping that was the reason they decided to reschedule it....but at least they organised one in the first place 

I know online isn't always a true reflection of all fans but people certainly have questions around Aborah, foreign players generally, Branston, and the apparent early style of football (amongst others I'm sure)...so I hope they all take the chance to ask these in person when it happens again. Otherwise what's the point of moaning about it?

Seems like a good opportunity to me

@NewNottsFan I live a reasonable distance away from Nottingham so might not be able to get to the forum, when its rearranged. I would welcome a web chat or have the ability to put questions by email in advance

@Piethagoram absolutely agree that would be a good idea. Listen, some fans won't accept him and that's entirely up to them but if they get the chance to ask these things in person or in another format then they should ask...who knows , they might even be reassured .... ;o)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

12 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@NewNottsFan I live a reasonable distance away from Nottingham so might not be able to get to the forum, when its rearranged. I would welcome a web chat or have the ability to put questions by email in advance

I actually think it's more constructive to have an open fans forum (live).

The problem with online is questions may be flooded in and the one's selected to be answered might not be as diverse as one's asked live - whilst people put themselves across, it enables emotion to be forced too. A valid question on here can be taken as 'negative'.

If asked in person, it can seem totally different.

2 hours ago, upthepies said:

I am asking this not to argue but for clarity.

Whilst I do not believe for a second that you or any of the board write for the post, after all the club posses its own means to paint a cheery picture, even if standards have fallen short since the departure of a very good media team. I find myself wondering from the comments posted previously, what did Ray hope to achieve by banning leigh curtis and the nottingham post rather hasty?

It seems a little more than a coincidence that they should suddenly start avoiding anything that the club could quite possibly take the wrong way.

sorry, just seen this. Ray didn't ban Leigh Curtis, he was making a point to the Post generally. And the ban was rescinded almost immediately after discussions. And there's plenty in the Post I don't agree with, so they are not avoiding any issues that I see.

On another point, and not directed at upthepies,I know a fair few supporters have been critical of the Post  for seeming to be all about promoting all things good and red but giving us less column inches,  yet when they have a reporter who seems to want to inject a bit extra, our supporters suggest he's some sort of puppet of the club?

19 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

There's always the opportunity to submit your questions or observations by email or social media.

Archived