The Boss

Riverleeno

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • ๐•:  twitter fmcj10

2 minutes ago, erindoors said:

On another point, and not directed at upthepies,I know a fair few supporters have been critical of the Post ย for seeming to be all about promoting all things good and red but giving us less column inches,ย  yet when they have a reporter who seems to want to inject a bit extra, our supporters suggest he's some sort of puppet of the club?

I know what you mean.

Leigh comes across as someone genuine about his passion for covering sport - much more than some who would rather use it make themselves seem like gods (no dig at anyone). I've only met him three times, yet I have seen how he speaks to staff at the club and comes across as a gent.

I have said to some about directing comments at him, one's which have seemed unfair.

Yet the minor or few comments here don't scrape the barrel compared to a free-for-all which can be had. People like Dan Westwell have done a great job over the years of getting the Post to take note of us fans. I know that this may come across the wrong way, as things seem to always do but when Dan sent the picture of my two eldest children - they felt so proud to have gone to Doncaster and be seen within the paper.

Anyone who drives to promote Notts does the club credit, Leigh is no different - at least he tries new things.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

17 minutes ago, erindoors said:

sorry, just seen this. Ray didn't ban Leigh Curtis, he was making a point to the Post generally. And the ban was rescinded almost immediately after discussions. And there's plenty in the Post I don't agree with, so they are not avoiding any issues that I see.

On another point, and not directed at upthepies,I know a fair few supporters have been critical of the Post ย for seeming to be all about promoting all things good and red but giving us less column inches,ย  yet when they have a reporter who seems to want to inject a bit extra, our supporters suggest he's some sort of puppet of the club?

That sounds a fair response to my question, thanks.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

4 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

Listen , I appreciate you're not the most positive soul in the world at the moment and you are frustrated after a loss at York but I genuinely hope you are wrong about the next games.....its quite clear some fans cant accept one defeat , never mind 5

ย 

ย its not just the loss it's the mannerย 

A) of the manner of the loss and the hoofball played outย 

B the defensive negative football at homeย 

C ) the blind interviews such as we was in control when we wasn't in control for 10 mins etcย 

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

My question is why don't you ask him if there is such a forum? no point hoping someone else does surely?ย 

okay I happily will and will I get a true answer or a automated cliche ?ย 

Can I ask you what have you seen of the highlights of games that have made you so defensive of Fullarton ?

tell me one thing you have seen in games and been like wow he's changed that a lot just tell me ?

Im a season ticket holder and so far every home game under him I've attended has been crap.

wimbledon hoof hoof hoof defending for 90 mins but you're clearly seeing somat in these highlights I ain't seein from the kop ?ย 

ย 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

1 hour ago, NewNottsFan said:

@Piethagoramย the club said they expected tickets to be sold before and after the home game at Hartlepool so I'm hoping that was the reason they decided to reschedule it....but at least they organised one in the first placeย 

I know online isn't always a true reflection of all fans but people certainly have questions around Aborah, foreign players generally, Branston, and the apparent early style of football (amongst others I'm sure)...so I hope they all take the chance to ask these in person when it happens again. Otherwise what's the point of moaning about it?

Seems like a good opportunity to me

ย 

I think we were spoilt under Moniz. For all his faults, he was always honest. Brutally honest at times, perhaps too much for some people at the club. He said from the beginning his aim was for full on attacking football, and he at least attempted to achieve that and succeeded in doingย so in varying degrees.

The problem with online e-mails and questions, is that managers can then chose their words wisely. Most managers nowadays give politicians answers. No manager in their right mind is going to come out and say I want to play defensive, negative football. Whilst I'm not against the idea, as it will at least give some insight for supporters, I don't think they are necessarily an accurate reflection.ย 

For me, actions speak louder than words. Dropping your most creative players and replacing them with defensive players is a clear sign of intent. Whether or not this will change over time is anyone's guess. For the sake of the club and our fans' sanity, I truly hope it changes sooner rather than later.ย ย 

ย 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

can we try not to pick at everything people say, lets just discuss and not go at each other.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, liampie said:

can we try not to pick at everything people say, lets just discuss and not go at each other.

Agree 100%. And well done to the team , and manager , for a win tonight .. Not since 1959? Make that 2016 ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

On 15 February 2016 at 22:13, Modern Fan 1862 ๐Ÿ‘ said:

okay il let him pick the team he sees everyday and when we lose the next five games il await you're excuseย 

Is that the next 5 games after Hartlepool? ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Come on , give us a smile this morning ! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

In all seriousness , some tough games coming up so last night was a good resultย 

ย 

Archived