Captain..

TheCalFoster

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Moniz made Carroll captain, JF made Stead captain but with Carroll not playing and JF gone, who should be our captain? I've always thought Noble would make a good captain of he could stay on the pitch. It will be interesting to see who MC names as captain on Friday, my bets with Stead. I just want to see a team with pride, passion and fights to the end, not expecting us to win every game but as long as we're picking up a few points, scoring goals I'm happy.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@TheFostarr94 Stanley!!!!....  but in all seriousness, Noble would be a more galvinising presence as a captain in midfield

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

It has to be a player with experience and a high standing in the squad. Stead would be the obvious choice for me. Noble doesn't strike me as a leader, or at least not yet.

I also think it should be the most experienced player named in the team that day, not a semi-official position. I'm not sure how it happened, but the captaincy of the England team has turned into a permanent position and such a big deal that dropping the captain or giving the armband to someone else is seen as a public humiliation. Hence Rooney is seen as an automatic starter for England because he's the captain, when it should be the other way round. It's nonsense and we need to move away from it.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@DangerousSausage Hazardous Wurst... agree with your point on Rooney...On form Kane, Vardy, Sturridge should be ahead in pecking order.

I dont think Stead can lead from the front, just as Big Roy cant lead from the back...Needs a midfield motivator.. It's good that Noble has calmed himself down now..and would be a good choice, someone that can speak to defence and forwards without compromising his midfield berth

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I think noble could be a good choice, he's very passionate and wouldn't be afraid to have a go at someone for not doing their job, stead would also be a good choice being experienced and being a natural leader

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Oooooo, something which has been perhaps over sighted and in fact considered by Cooper. I do think now is the time to switch it over, considering the captaincy is tied into the contract and bonuses are often given, I think it make sense to replace Carroll now.

Nothing personal Roy, honest. ;)

Liam Noble or Jon Stead would be my call for it. We need them to lead and inspire!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

We badly need some stability and consistency throughout the club and a regular captain would be a start.  The problem is that the captain should be a guaranteed starter, and we don't have many of them in the squad!  Stead is the only real option for me, experienced, respected, good attitude on and off the pitch.  

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Stead for me also, he appears to be very knowledgeable, a good orator and generally well respected by players and fans.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Jon Stead, for me too. Mainly because he's got the experience. 

Archived