The Weather

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What the heck has gone wrong with the weather today, you could be mistaken for thinking it is November. It's blooming freezing and blowing a gale out there.

:brr::cold:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

Just cloudy here, had light rain earlier in the morning. It's now trying to lighten up, the suns keeping it fairly warm but the wind is chilling,

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I went to collect Ellie and Ava this morning and it did in fact feel more like winter. :brr:

It may be something to do with my booking the good weather for September :lol:

I hope it will be better for Tony next month,but knowing our weather we will probably be complaining that it's too hot by next week. :angel:

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes, It's quite cold. The wind here seems to be the problem :P

It's blowing people down the street and making others struggle walking up. I just wished it would sling it down, as you wouldn't find anything better to watch! Not even on TV. Okay, yes.. I enjoy being a little mischievous

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

yeah its cold and pouring it down now. thanks joe

Actually managed to do a bit of garden tidying without freezing or being blown away today and its a weekend. :shocked:

Supporter+

Well the weather couldn't have been more different today. Yesterday was really windy, cold and raining. Today is a lovely summer's day, we have been a walk down the river trent from the embankment past the donkey sanctuary (at which point I spit on the ground) and to Holme Pierrepont where we had a lovely picnic sitting by the side of the river and watching the boats go by. Absolutely idyllic, good old British weather. :sunshine:

Sounds lovely, Tony. What a difference a bit of sunshine makes. Glad you enjoyed the day and thanks for giving me a laugh again. :thumbsup:

We took the children out, it's been nice. Not overly warm or sticky, with the soft wind it was just right.

Ava had a laugh, refused an ice cream!

Supporter+

We took the children out, it's been nice. Not overly warm or sticky, with the soft wind it was just right.

Ava had a laugh, refused an ice cream!

Refused an ice cream. :panic:

That's not normal for a small child, get her to the doctors immediately. :joker:

Tell her we had two, a festival ice lolly (or sucker when I was a kid) and a 99 cornet with strawberry sauce. :happy banana:

Refused an ice cream. :panic:

That's not normal for a small child, get her to the doctors immediately. :joker:

Tell her we had two, a festival ice lolly (or sucker when I was a kid) and a 99 cornet with strawberry sauce. :happy banana:

The stranger thing, on the way home we had a bag of sweets and some chocolate. Ava on the other hand wanted a large 'share' bag of mini cheddar's!! I think she's just taking after mummy and grandad. Awkward  :angel: 

It sounds good to have two.. :D

I just think Ava knows her own mind.  Ice cream doesn't bother me that much nor do sweets and never have , though I do like Chocolate.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Another fabulous sunny day. Just been to the Crick boat show and saw Julia Bradbury there. Would have taken a photo but she was coming out of the Toilets haha!

I looked The  Crick Boat Show up on the net as I wasn't sure what it was all about. It looked like there was a lot going on and the weather would certainly help   .I bet you had a great day. Grandma and me went to Joe's and Kate cooked us a lovely dinner( but don't tell her how much we enjoyed it) :angel:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

These past few days have been very hot compared to the few wintery days before that. We had a nice day out on saturday and had @super_ram my mother in law over for dinner today as usual. 2 Lovely days ahead of the rainy weather we are mean't to be having from tuesday onwards.

@super_ram it was a good day and packed with people. I've never been before and definitely worth the visit especially if you like narrow boats!

Years ago we all went to the Canal Museum on Castle Boulevard and found it really interesting. Sadly I think it's not there now.

I would love to have a bit of time on a canalboat. It all seems so leisurely. :thumbsup:

Supporter+

We went to see a canal boat get together today, the boats are lovely, I would imagine they would be great for a holiday but I wouldn't fancy living on one as some people do.

When we were moving house a couple of years ago the couple who bought our old house had lived on a narrow boat for 25 years and they were getting on a bit and said that the really cold winter we had just had made them decide to get a warmer place on terra firmer.

As I say I think I would enjoy a holiday on one as long as we didn't have to go through too many locks but living on one would be a completely different matter. :panic:

I think its the same with caravans , Tony.  I love it when we go to Skeg but its only for a couple of weeks  and I've often wondered what it would be like when the weather drops really cold.

I've had a few boating holidays and I certainly noticed the difference getting back in a car after leisurely cruising canals. Think I could live on one for an extended holiday but not forever! Caravans are quite cosy with the heating on in colder weather. The bit that gets you is leaving the comfort of the van to make the walk to the shower block haha.

Weather back to normal today, pouring down with rain and cooler. At least the Bank Holiday weekend was nice. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Its mean't to be back to being warm again now, but for how long is the question.

Archived