New owner, new messiah?

allardyces tash

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

People who own football clubs are judged firstly on their money, then the investments they make and the decisions which come from that. Most Notts do appreciate the Trews no matter what, they have saved the club but the club just does not progress under Rays stewardship.

I keep reading the word "messiah" when it comes to talk about new owners.

For me it's false, I want to faith in the direction the club is forgoing and to be understood when things are not working, which has often been the case in these past six years. Where do you stand with regards to this?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@allardyces tash Over the years, maybe Notts have had failings in positions of ownership, manager, CEO's and Chief Scouts. I for one, feel sorry for Ray in that a lot of his investment has been squandered by combinations of those. We have had more serious ownership issues under Scardino and Storrie as CEO. A lesson learned then, that there were not a queue of buyers lining up to buy Notts. Some of our supporters seem to think that there are plenty of buyers out there but that's not the case, as we see now

@Piethagoram Championship football and higher gates at home games would change that, the investment would be more attractive.

There is no people lining up to buy us, hence why the takeover has no momentum at all and I strongly feel this talk of it being concluded within a month will backfire.

@allardyces tash Curle was well financially supported but failed to get Notts into the play offs that season. We all strive for Championship football but even clubs like Sheff Utd with their economic muscle are having trouble realising the dream

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

There are only two people who desires to be the messiah of Notts County.

Thankfully they are on the way out of the club.

@waldorf A touch disengenuous.. We needed the Trew's deep pockets to have got us out of the financial hole Munto had landed us in. The point I made in an earlier post is that Ray's money has not been invested entirely wisely. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No need at all for a messiah, just a fresh start and clear plan of action to carry the club forward.

I agree with @Piethagoram.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

It's more about good management , structured , from top to bottom , not vast sums of money , and the reality that success is earned and not given , even the best of organisations must work hard to reach the goals they set 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

As mentioned by others above, it's not about a messiah. I'd be more than happy with someone that comes in and conveys a positive but realistic long and short team plan, a way of doing it, and stick with it for,say, more than 9 months. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

you want someone who listen to fans but not have a clouded judgement when listening to their opinions. i do believe ray sacked some of the previous managers for this and i know he accepts the blame here but just steady ownership is required.

if you get the cheque book out at the right times a lot of things would not become a problem imo.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

All we need a sensible owner who understands how to motivate fans.

No disrespect to Ray but even Donald Trump manages to motivate his supporters, even the negativity he presents helps him. Ray is a smart man but he failures speak volumes for the damage they created individually. Not backing Shaun Derry turned into a disaster, as have many of his appointments. Realistically we just need an owner who can single out the good from the bad, leave the running of the club to those he pays and just watch over it.

Any matters should be down to the manager, not a transfer committee and I feel it does not matter if Alan Hardy does not have football experience.

2 hours ago, upthepies said:

All we need a sensible owner who understands how to motivate fans.

No disrespect to Ray but even Donald Trump manages to motivate his supporters, even the negativity he presents helps him. Ray is a smart man but he failures speak volumes for the damage they created individually. Not backing Shaun Derry turned into a disaster, as have many of his appointments. Realistically we just need an owner who can single out the good from the bad, leave the running of the club to those he pays and just watch over it.

Any matters should be down to the manager, not a transfer committee and I feel it does not matter if Alan Hardy does not have football experience.

...Maybe a touch unfair on Ray regarding the backing of Shaun Derry.. I believe extra funds were given in that January transfer window but what Shaun did with that backing, was an unmitigated disaster.

On 01/04/2016 at 01:25, Piethagoram said:

...Maybe a touch unfair on Ray regarding the backing of Shaun Derry.. I believe extra funds were given in that January transfer window but what Shaun did with that backing, was an unmitigated disaster.

Shaun wanted to keep the loan players but allegedly was restricted with bring them back due to resources.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

On 4/1/2016 at 02:25, Piethagoram said:

Don't necessarily agree. Giving a first time manager one of the worst budgets in the league is asking for it, and risking your status in that league, as was eventually the case. Whether or not they put some emergency funds in when it looked bleak is neither here nor there. Granted, the loan signings were poor, but he shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place. 

Hopefully Shaun Derry will still have a good managerial career, hasn't done too bad at Cambridge so far.  

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,909
  • Days Won:  162

i have to say i agree with sda.

derry was appointed and given a tough task, abbott may have been used to a small budget but we needed to be consistent. all the changes dont help and derry now often mentions interferences.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

I agree with the original poster no one is lining up to buy us like the hype has been made.

We had the Danish billionaire all dead and forgotten now

The Chinese mystery man or group whatever you wanna call it nothing said about that.

The American consortium that a deal was agreed in place if the Chinese couldn't match the offer they've gone dead quiet.

AlanHardy the only one to public state intrest and publicly write a submitted offer after hearing about the 84,500 bill owed to HMRC.

Im starting to really just have two views on this now really the trews have no buyers at all as it looks that way and there plan is to trick hardy into a false belief which isn't happening.

Or they dont want to sell.

Personally I just belive there trying to force hardy into paying over the odds for a club which isn't worth what they want Hardys figure was apparently a 7figure so let's say it was 2 mill.

How much do they honestly think there going to get we ain't worth 3mill or 4 mill to me there going to be here a long time if they think there going to get a stupid offer expect Ray and alieen to still be here next year.

Archived