Should we replace Hollis after this season?

Blink1862

Should this season be the last for Hollis?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. If he doesn't improve, should 2016-17 be his last year at Notts?

• He's tried, but he needs to go. Yes!
    • Yes, he's shocking and costs us games!
    • If he steps up, let him stay
    • He's okay for backup, keep him.
    • Let him run his current contract out

I can't see the guy improving, he stands out as one of them who will not win with the more vocal fans but he just isn't good enough. At League One there could be more of a case for retaining him, but we sunk to this division and he's gotten worse not better.

I do feel sorry for him, his attitude and respect for our club never lets us down.

Those who play around him have allowed him to slip, with all the turmoil and difficulties he hasn't really been consistent. When he first broke into the squad, he looked organized and very promising but this has also disappeared. He's probably nearing a Notts exit, I can't see how things can improve. The first home game of the season was awkward with the chants towards him - I would rather see us support players.

Plus I said to people there where far worse last season who never had a comment directed at him.

Yet if things continue as they're now, it would make it hard for a manager to select a player that could create a bad vibe (even when playing quite below the par).

1 minute ago, Piethagoram said:

Sheridan's latest Presser suggests next priority is an out and out fast winger. Maybe Genaro's days are numbered?

Give the lad a fair chance, it seems something Notts doesn't do. He is ready but requires game time to improve.

Hollis will need to improve dramatically to get the majority to think different, for me his time is up now. Should never have been given the new contract!

3 minutes ago, TheFostarr94 said:

Hollis has asked to go out on loan, straight from his mouth on Tuesday night..

That may be a good thing for him, however probably not best for us as a club. If he does go out on loan, fingers crossed we can get another quality CB in (like we have Laing).

I've always stuck up for Hollis because you can tell he cares but i think a spell out of the team or even a short time on loan would do him good, he keeps making silly mistakes that he wouldn't have made a year or two ago, the chopping and changing last year didn't help him, from pre-season i can see there is still a good centre half in there, but there's only so many chances he can be given

Unfortunately, he's just not got 'it'. Way too soft to be a centre half in the tackle and not a particularly strong under the high ball. I wouldn't have renewed his contract at the end of last season to be honest and think it is time he moved on, a loan would be best for all sides, preferably a season long loan, but definitely out as you can't keep a centre half match fit by playing the odd friendly and he would just come back into the side as a liability again.

Archived