Replica Shirts

Northants Pie

What an absolute farce this is turning out to be, only 700 shirts for the season ticket holders only.

Surely the season ticket holders should get a percentage discount as the way it is surely disadvantages be biggest majority of our fans.

I was going to buy myself and my son & daugter the replica kits but with this farce dragging on & on and the fact we will have a new kit in 9 months time i don't see the point.

Do season tickt holders and other non-season ticket holders feel the same?

I was told that the first amount of stock would be limited, so 700 may be more than half of that.

The shirt saga is quite poor, however without numbers we can only assume. I had planned to purchase one, however that soon went out the window even before the pre-season and I will wait until I see next seasons until I decide. I used to buy a shirt every season, which included names and numbers but these days I really don't see the point. This said, I suspect that our fan base will be mixed with regards to their own purchase.

If you purchased last terms shirt, this one isn't all that different.

2 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

they should at least knock some off the price as a good will gesture

They should do but won't, you would have thought the kit supplier would face massive financial penalties for being so late and that these would be passed on to already disgruntled fans (it's an easy win tbh) and maybe raise the view point of the fans towards the club

10 hours ago, Northants Pie said:

What an absolute farce this is turning out to be, only 700 shirts for the season ticket holders only.

Surely the season ticket holders should get a percentage discount as the way it is surely disadvantages be biggest majority of our fans.

I was going to buy myself and my son & daugter the replica kits but with this farce dragging on & on and the fact we will have a new kit in 9 months time i don't see the point.

Do season tickt holders and other non-season ticket holders feel the same?

There is no doubt this season's kit release has been an almighty cock-up, from late delivery through to an 'almost red' away shirt.  I'm a ST holder but wouldn't have bought one anyway, but I fully understand the frustrations of those who would.  It seems the supplier has left a few clubs in the lurch, we can only hope the club has learnt a serious lesson from this fiasco for the future.. 

@Elite_pie Wise words as always..."....late delivery to an 'almost red' away shirt......" The latter is akin to commercial suicide and it's amazing how it was ever approved. Maybe one year we could piggy back with a joint agreement with Juventus on the shirts..obviously the sponsors will be different..but I am sure they would not be allowed to dilly dally around on shirt delivery times 

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

@Elite_pie Wise words as always..."....late delivery to an 'almost red' away shirt......" The latter is akin to commercial suicide and it's amazing how it was ever approved. Maybe one year we could piggy back with a joint agreement with Juventus on the shirts..obviously the sponsors will be different..but I am sure they would not be allowed to dilly dally around on shirt delivery times 

I would have thought that as part of an ongoing connection we would always have a shirt the same as a mark of respect for the fans of both clubs

On 3.9.2016 at 10:42, Northants Pie said:

We have an enviable connection so why not make the most for both clubs? (It's more for us but why shouldn't we sell each others kits etc etc)

That was probably the thinking behind the "off-red" away kit. I'll just assume the club hasn't taken leave of its senses and that the shirts have ended up rather darker than they were originally supposed to be.

I'm not sure about the idea with selling Juve shirts to be honest, from a commercial viewpoint at least. Our shirt sponsors pay a packet, and if the club actively tried to sell another club's shirts (with a different sponsor) then that would make the package less attractive and ultimately lose the club money.

What I feel the club doesn't do is cater adequately for those of us who don't want a replica shirt. If you don't want a shirt or a retro shirt, you're left with training tops or Matalan t-shirts with a Notts badge stuck on. Very unimaginative and not something I'd wear. My local club offers a whole array of t-shirts, including this and this, and sells them for €20 a pop. They appeal to those who don't normally buy replica shirts (and at Notts usually go without). This might be something for the club / @erindoors to look at.

my memory may be failing, didnt Derby or German national side have had a design one season of black/white chequered effect over one shoulder with gold trim? Maybe for Notts to consider to have top of one of the black stripes chequered over one shoulder?

Your not seeming yourself here Piethagoram, please Notts don't let him anywhere next seasons design. Haha

Archived