RIP Jackie Sewell

DangerousSausage

A very sad day today is now turning into, I woke up to find that Arnold Palmer had passed away and now news has broken that Jackie has also gone. 

Jackie was a great, great player for Notts, more than a goal every other game, what would we give for that now?

RIP to two sporting greats in my eyes.

My Grandfather always told me stories when I was growing up, Jackie was one of his favourite players - most frequently I heard stories involving either him or Tommy Lawton. Its a memory I really cherish because I like passing down nostalgic moments like that to my children. Last season Super Pie met him, even posed for a picture. I walked back into the city centre telling Jake all about him, he reminded me of myself when my Granddad told me.

Jake even wanted to recreate him as a striker on Fifa, as he was disappointed that what he described as 'true legends' wasn't ever represented on the game.

Rest in Peace Jackie Sewell, you are a true legend and gentleman of this sport.

59 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

My Grandfather always told me stories when I was growing up, Jackie was one of his favourite players - most frequently I heard stories involving either him or Tommy Lawton. Its a memory I really cherish because I like passing down nostalgic moments like that to my children. Last season Super Pie met him, even posed for a picture. I walked back into the city centre telling Jake all about him, he reminded me of myself when my Granddad told me.

Jake even wanted to recreate him as a striker on Fifa, as he was disappointed that what he described as 'true legends' wasn't ever represented on the game.

Yes,along with Tommy Lawton,Jackie Sewell was a great favourite of my dad's and really a true legend.My thoughts are with his family.Rest in peace Jackie.

@Riverleeno posted this in the match thread yesterday, so I'm just going to leave it here. This is a very interesting and surprising read about a Notts legend in Africa:

https://zambianfootball.wordpress.com/2014/05/17/how-the-worlds-most-expensive-player-became-zambian-national-team-captain/

Absolutely gutted at his passing. I was lucky enough to meet him a few months ago when he came to Meadow Lane but he seemed quite ill at the time, it was quite emotional seeing him like that and then seeing photos of him in the 50s when he was a very handsome, dashing man. He is at peace now which is good to know. RIP Jackie Sewell. :cry::cry:

On 26/09/2016 at 14:01, notts-joe said:

On 26/09/2016 at 15:04, GrannyPie said:

Yes,along with Tommy Lawton,Jackie Sewell was a great favourite of my dad's and really a true legend.My thoughts are with his family.Rest in peace Jackie.

My father in law (@gannyPie's dad and @notts-joe's grandad) used to love talking anything Notts/football related.So did my superior at work in the mid 60's.Jackie Sewell was a name that cropped up frequently.RIP Jackie.

Archived