Alex Rodman has left the building

DangerousSausage

I do feel sorry for him in some ways, he may have been useful if we had more pace and sturdy players around him.

Why does it feel all these decisions are based on making fans happy though? I'm not complaining, it's best of his books but my point is any decision must be based on the manager coming in (not sure why he would leave at this stage otherwise).

50 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

I do feel sorry for him in some ways, he may have been useful if we had more pace and sturdy players around him.

Why does it feel all these decisions are based on making fans happy though? I'm not complaining, it's best of his books but my point is any decision must be based on the manager coming in (not sure why he would leave at this stage otherwise).

Pffft.... I'd be useful if I had more skill and Lionel Messi next to me.... it's besides the point.

I really doubt that releasing Rodman was 'to make fans happy', 100% sure NCFC don't release players for that reason. 

He's signed for the Shrews. Check this piece out from the BBC:

"At 29 and having never played in League One, Paul Hurst will be hoping that Alex Rodman is a late developer with untapped potential. He's tall, which will help a team sorely lacking in height, but he will have to show that he has the technical ability to make the step up.

"The Town have a one-dimensional midfield, full of energetic destroyers with little creativity. If Rodman can protect the ball and bring some imagination to proceedings at Greenhous Meadow, he'll be a good addition to a team which struggles to provide its forwards with enough service of any real quality.

"His goal record, particularly in non-league football, suggests he could add some much-needed threat from wide areas but this is a gamble. With Toto Nsiala already on board, much rests on the Shrewsbury manager's ability to unearth rough diamonds from a lower league game he knows so well."

Protect the ball and imagination? Are they sure they haven't picked out the wrong name in the phone book or something? :lol::lol: They are in for a nasty shock if that's what they are expecting. 

It would be ironic if he wanted out, because we have a player who wants to play who is 100% better than him.

That said my point was more about him being accessed by our next manager, then again him leaving is best for the club because we can move on.

Must admit that I'm amazed he's moved up a division, I though we would be stuck with him until his contract ran out.  I did read one amazing statistic however, that we haven't gained a single point this season without Rodman in the side!!!  I never really got what he offered to the team, so it probably proves the 'lies, damned lies, and statistics' theory!

I also noticed that @Elite_pie and can only say that we won games in spite of him being in the side and not because of. Obviously he was such a threat that I must have missed him being marked by three players every game, creating space for others!

I'm glad he has been binned and I'm just sorry he hasn't taken Duffy and Dickinson with him, along with at least half a dozen others!

Archived