New Striker!

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Notts County have completed the signing of former Charlton Athletic striker Danny Haynes. The 25 year old striker put pen to paper on a two year deal today with the option of extending it by a further year.

The much sought after striker has worked with Chris Kiwomya before when he began his career at Ipswich Town, and he has also played for Barnsley, Bristol City, Millwall, and he has also represented England at under 19 level. Notts had to fend off plenty of competition from championship clubs to attain his signature.

He sounds like a pretty promising signing, and he appears highly rated by a lot of people.

Welcome to Notts County Danny :) I look forward to seeing him in action

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Danny's a good technical forward, with good movement and speed.

His goalscoring record isn't all that impressive, although at the age of 25 he's got time to improve this and the right club could bring this out. I'm sure we can help him, it's just a matter of having the right people around him in terms of coaching staff and away from the record, he's a good player who tries. I'm glad he's joined! Good signing for me.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome to Notts, Danny and all the best.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

impressed, ray mentioned further signing on the other site. Haynes should do well for us and i hope he does.

go read joes article on the home page guys.

• Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I suppose his scoring record isn;t too bad, I read somewhere he scored 7 in 20 starts in the Championship, at our level he should do a lot better. The only issue I would have would be the number of clubs he has been at 5 before us and he is 25 so he hasn't really settled anywhere, he is also reportedly a bit injury prone but lets not focus on the negatives, he has worked with Chris before so he knows his capabilities I am sure he will get the best out of him.

Looking forward to seeing him in a black and white shirt.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,507
  • Days Won:  9

I suppose his scoring record isn;t too bad, I read somewhere he scored 7 in 20 starts in the Championship, at our level he should do a lot better. The only issue I would have would be the number of clubs he has been at 5 before us and he is 25 so he hasn't really settled anywhere, he is also reportedly a bit injury prone but lets not focus on the negatives, he has worked with Chris before so he knows his capabilities I am sure he will get the best out of him.

Looking forward to seeing him in a black and white shirt.

I second this, It's a fantastic signing by the club.

Injury prone or not, he's got a chance to establish himself here and I for one hope that he settles in well. 

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

This could be an inspirational signing and I hope he is.Good luck with Notts,Danny

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

This first goal he scores is pretty special:

Sorry about who happens to be on the recieving end of it though @super_ram. Promise I didnt upload this just because it was against the Rams :angel: No really, I didnt. Dont mind Derby at all, we share a commin dislike of a team that plays in Red so Notts and Derby fans tend to get along :thumbsup:

If someone has to score against us I would rather it be a 'special' goal like that one and not a 'silly' goal.Nice to see Jamie's penalty again and we could have won with a bit of luck.

No offence taken. I hope he scores plenty more for Notts (but not if we meet in a cup match)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

That would be something, playing Derby in the cup and especially if at Meadow Lane. I'll be trying to drag you down to some games, hopefully one's where the weather is nice. :)

• Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

let's be having you super! quite a lot of talk generated from this signing, seems the most of l1 would like him.

I will attend at some time during the season,preferably when it's warmer than the Bury match last season.I can't guarantee a performance like the 2nd half of that match though. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I've heard good things about him, only time will tell for how he plays with notts. I hope he gets on well and the new players work well with the team quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

This first goal he scores is pretty special: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnkCeHSeYuA

Sorry about who happens to be on the recieving end of it though @super_ram. Promise I didnt upload this just because it was against the Rams :angel: No really, I didnt. Dont mind Derby at all, we share a commin dislike of a team that plays in Red so Notts and Derby fans tend to get along :thumbsup:

What a goal! Hope to see more like this also in black and white. However I can accept also not so beautiful  :thumbsup:

Archived