A good aspect to football in Nottingham

ivansneck

It's our neighbours against Derby on Saturday morning. I happened to be down that way and so thought I might try and get a couple of tickets for the game. When I got to the ticket office, they said 'sorry tickets only on sale to registered Forest supporeters who have been to a match this season'. In fact they turned down a number of other poeple while i was in there, ostensibly to stop DErby supporters getting tickets in the Forest section.

I then said we (@Blackville and I) are Magpies and they immediately said 'no problem you can have tickets then' on the basis that the two sets of supporters (NCFC and NFFC) know how to behave at the 'other's' ground. Wouldn't happen in a lot of other cities. Something to cherish and be proud of.

18 hours ago, ivansneck said:

ostensibly to stop DErby supporters getting tickets in the Forest section.

Not only that, you get idiot non-football fans attending eager for a scrap.

It's to cut out as much nonsense as possible, you'd be surprised by how many people pretend to support either clubs when looking for a fight or a chance to cause trouble. It happens across the Football League.

Selfish I know, but another good aspect is that our beloved neighbours can no longer sell out their biggest game of the season.

Come on Big Al, plenty of them are wavering, keep the offers going to try and grab a few.

think we could pull some floating fans into meadow lane if we keep things going, its much different on match days now. there is an eagerness to take your seat, usually where i sit i am the first but now i am not. i go in not long after the kop opens up, so its really good to see.

dont think there should be any trouble between derby and forest but you know there will.

should have played this on friday, less chance idiots could attend imo.

On 15/03/2017 at 21:23, ivansneck said:

I then said we (@Blackville and I) are Magpies and they immediately said 'no problem you can have tickets then' on the basis that the two sets of supporters (NCFC and NFFC) know how to behave at the 'other's' ground. Wouldn't happen in a lot of other cities. Something to cherish and be proud of.

This is surprising.

I can see NCFC and DCFC fans ganging up at Forest. I hope for your sake @Blackville sees a clean game and with no fan violence. I have been to a few games with Leicester and Derby fans over the years and its not always pleasant to say the least.

4 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

The only comment i can possibly make on that match is come on you Rams , hope they take the points and with it the bragging rights .:rolleyes:

No surprise that I agree with you @Who r ya?? You Pies!!:thumbsup:

Obviously, I'm not a Derby fan (though I do like them - stating the obvious here).

I'm disappointed. I felt Forest was very flat but they played with spirit and unity within their team. This highlights how crazy things have become at Derby, with all the sacking and lose cannons on the field. It's good for Forest but negative for Derby.

Was it a fair result? Perhaps but I do think the better team threw it a way.

Archived