Notts County retained list 2017

Joe Jones

So we now know which players Notts County has chosen to offer new contracts to and which have been told "toodle-oo".

The full list is as follows:

Under contract

Michael O’Connor
Adam Collin
Carl Dickinson
Matt Tootle
Jonathan Forte
Kevin Nolan

Out of contract, offered new contract

Jon Stead
Shola Ameobi
Richard Duffy
Curtis Thompson
Elliott Hewitt
Haydn Hollis
Rob Milsom
Alan Smith (Player/Coach)
Mike Edwards (Player/Coach)

Out of contract, released

Thierry Audel
Adam Campbell
Mark Yeates
Scott Loach
Jack McMillan
Luther Wildin
Wes Atkinson*
Jordan Richards*
Montel Gibson*

*Invited to pre-season training

Loans expired

Marc Bola
Tahvon Campbell
Josh Clackstone
Jorge Grant

Apprentices offered development contracts

Dominic Brown-Hill
Peter Dearle
Jordon Richards
Joe Searson-Smithard

Apprentices released

Tamar Clayton-Naute
Nathan Cobain
George Collett-McCartney
Harry Gibbons
Yohan Rutty-Smith

Are you happy with the players kept on and those released?

We conceded 70 odd goals, only bettered by Orient. And they want to offer the same defenders a new contract. I thought their intention was play offs at least.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's about right considering, the players offered contracts might not remain and the one's remaining could easily be replaced. In a more competitive side that plays consistently they could do much better but the arrivals must be quality additions. Richard Duffy is very lucky, he had a few very good games but the final few was dire - proving to me he isn't worth a deal but perhaps he can settle down next season?

I also hope Jordan Richards stays here.

@4everapie but if you analyse the form of the defenders under Nolan onwards, the improvement is there to see, granted I do hope we bring in some players that will command a starting place and one or both a squad rotation players.

The one that shocked me was Mark Yeates, I thought he was going to be a good squad player for us next year, had a few good games for us but that red card sort of derailed him but hey ho in Nolan we trust..

Sorry, when I read that list I had to go and sit in a darkened, sound proof room for the weekend!! Duffy and Hollis offered contracts??? They're having a laugh and I just hope that Nolan can see out the whole of next season in order to realise just how bad they are.

Other than that, I don't expect Stead to stay, but would expect the others to sign.

Anybody know much about the young lads? Dominic Brown-Hill came from Leicester youth didn't he? He might turn out OK, as for the rest, I have heard of them, apart from Peter Dearle, the only thing I have found about him is that he is a Centre half that missed a whole season nearly with an ACL injury. Which made me shudder as that means we now have three centre halves on the books already, maybe only leaving room for one more, depending on squad size.

I think Nolan realises certain peoples ability, yet it will be interesting to see if he can get the best out of them - though Duffy/Hollis will be more backups if we sign the right type of players. The club does require people who will form the fundamental side of the team, so for me I'm only really disappointed by Duffy who has shown a lack of experience for the most part of this past season.

Hollis can do well, so I am inclined to see past that.

Archived