Match ratings Coventry City v Notts

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Based on a mean of 5

Collins 6 - Normally a critic of Collins, but did seem to be more commanding of his area. Thought he was slow to read their first but fault lay with Jones. He saved a couple of 1-on-1s but still feel he was outshown by his opposite in the Coventry goal

Jones 1 - A mare, in simplistic terms. I was nonplussed on his return, rather like the signing of Idle, and the 100k + blown away....Whether it's lack of concentration or failure to accept responsibility. How can our recruitment, swing from finding a gem like Bola to return to Dickinson's bargain basement in talent.

Brisley 5 - Just very average. Yes, a few errors

Duffy 5 - Normal service resumed...difficult opening but was just OK

Tootle 6 - Best of the back 4 ... at least he showed some fight

Hewitt 2 Nolan says he's not a Right Back....agreed...but he ain't a centre mid. Long throws, don't make me laugh, barely made the outside of the penalty box. Zero creativity, zero tackling ability..and we gave him a 2 year contract? Centre Half only possible position open to him..

Alessandra 5 & Hawkridge 5 - Recruitment is everything, Coventry identified Jodi Jones, from Dagenham, just streets ahead of our 2 wingers.

Walker 6 - Thought he looked tidy and was unlucky to be subbed

Stead 3 - whether the legs are going, a la Jason Lee....no impact
Ameobi 5 - Holds ball well with back to goal and some nice lay offs...but no goal threat

----------

Grant - 6 - Should have been introduced earlier
Milsom 5 - Just OK

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I can't offer any worthwhile player ratings because it took me a long time to work out exactly who was who, not helped by the almost invisible shirt numbers. Plus I hate watching games from behind the goal, give me the halfway line any day. Collin was my MOM as no other player was any better than average, and he was left badly exposed by a very poor defence. When you consider we can't defend, and offered little in the way of attacking threat, things aren't looking good.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I largely agree with @Piethagoram.

Jones: 3 - he went forward well, defended woefully.
Hewitt: 4 - he linked play well but has proven that he can't do the position asked of him in bigger games.
Walker: 3 - he was woeful in possession, defending and going forward. A waste of shirt! (worse than Jones who is criticised because he got involved).
Stead: 2 - ineffective, he could have been replaced after 10 minutes and not missed at all. Poor performance and the WORST player on the pitch by far,
Milsom: 4 - he moved about, got stuck in but rushed play and tended to give the ball away at the times when we looked most lethal with him on the pitch. He also defended like a wet fish on dry land. He's only marked at a 4 due to is drive and work rate.

@Super_Danny_Allsopp

Super Danny's ratings from the match thread:

Ratings based off a baseline of 5.

Collins - 7 - We got beat 3-0 and the keeper still gets a good rating. That's not because they could've scored 6, but because what he could do to affect the game, he did well. Very good command of his area.
Tootle - 5.5 - Steady.
Duffy - 5.5 - Again, don't think he did a lot wrong.
Brisley - 5 - As Duffy
Jones - 2.5 - Improved slightly, but can't let him off being so far away from the winger.

Hawkridge - 4.5 - Never in the game, but unlucky not to score.
Walker - 5 - Perhaps unlucky to go off, but they were getting the better of it in the middle of the park.
Hewitt - 5 - Meh
Alessandra - 5 - Was lost up front, mainly due to 0 service. A decent debut though and somewhat promising.

Stead - 4 - Second touch is a foul.
Ameobi - 5.5 - Only player that looked like he could create something with flick ons and touches. Shame nobody else was on his wavelength.

Ifollow - 7 - Commentary caught up, then was a second in front, which is even more annoying than being behind, deffo need to combine these features. Apart from that, good service.

Ref - 9 - Let the game flow as much as he could, kept his cards in his pocket as much as he could, no complaints at all.

@Super_Danny_Allsopp

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

Looking at these scores it appears (like I expected) as though we don't have the personnel for 442. Maybe a change to 4231 might make more sense?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,658
  • Days Won:  89

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Walker: 3 - he was woeful in possession, defending and going forward. A waste of shirt! (worse than Jones who is criticised because he got involved).

Don't agree, he was quite neat in possession, only made one mistake I can remember. 

Agree with @Super_Danny_Allsopp. Walker streets ahead in ratings... Really concerned that our recruitment identification is falling far short of what we should be expecting, with a top end of league budget

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

4 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Don't agree, he was quite neat in possession, only made one mistake I can remember. 

I can think of at least five off the top of my head.

He played in a very awkward position, where basically he rendered himself a 'marked man' and infective. Him and Stead made us seem like we was playing with 9 men.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,942
  • Days Won:  162

i only have seen the highlights but charlie slater singled out several players as being absent from the game!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Love this I've thought about it and I'm not to rate players just yet it's the first game and I didn't go  but love seeing every body's scores though. @Piethagoram excellent feature buddy hopefully you will be doing more of this.

Archived