does jon stead deserve his starting place?

liampie

what do you think of the jon stead saga?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. does jon stead deserve his starting place?

• yes he does
    • no, he should be replaced

I voted Yes. Watching him against Stanley. I now see what the plan is up front. Stead and Ameobi work together to interchange in play and hold the ball up while Grant/Alessandra/Hawkridge or whoever runs in behind and they pick the pass out. It's a clever idea i think and Stead and Ameobi with the experience they have together can really help push a team to win.

I voted "Remain" :P

But if, in the next game, Stead doesn't perform, then Forte really should be given a go in the starting XI. As much as we trust in Nolan, constantly overlooking him for a starting place isn't on, and for the sake of meritocracy, he needs to be picked.

I went for remain, feel he gives 100% each game and brings midfielders into play as previous comment mentioned. Feel we need to use both Stead and Ameobi better play cutting out the hoofball forward as not out and out target men.Collin and defence need to work on getting into positions so ball can be released earlier

Whilst I think he's improving, I don't see how his performances can warrant starting.

This may change now he's scored - as a spark might light his play and confidence improves. Yet his positioning, running, first touch and many other aspects this season has been very poor. I do believe he will come good, and I would also agree with that this situation needs resolving but personally I think the only way to move forward is to give him a reason to be chosen.

I'd put him on the bench until things improve to a greater standard.

Archived