Should Kevin Nolan get the Notts County shirt on and take to the pitch?

Joe Jones

In a recent interview with the Post, Nolan joked about being out of shape, not being able to play for Notts, and despite stepping up his training, showing no willingness to do so.

Do you think Nolan should at the very least aim for a few minutes on the pitch, maybe later on in the season, or are you happy seeing him leave it all to the full-time players?

i would like to see him play for notts but i think we have missed the time where we needed him.

hes doing exactly as derry did also so i cant blame him. i still think he would be one of the best players in the league two if he did but he seems he wants to focus on managing the club which seems the right thing to do.

I agree with @liampie.

Kevin Nolan clearly doesn't want to put on the shirt if he can help it. Earlier in the year when myself and @Joe Jones was at the fixture release breakfast event, he actually mentioned that he wanted the players to make them pick avoid needing to select himself - he also mentioned how he would prefer to blood youngsters rather than himself.

He's good enough to continue playing, but for me it's also the right call to avoid it.

We don't need him in there and he wasn't getting very favourable reviews from Orient fans when he was last playing, so I would say he should stick to the sidelines where he has a greater influence.

We currently have enough mid 30's players whose legs have gone, so why have another one to select from?

As Fozzy says the Orient fans were pretty uncomplimentary about his playing performances when he last took to the pitch, and the young pairing of Yates and Hewitt reached new heights in the centre of midfield against Bristol Rovers.  Nolan is doing a brilliant job in the dugout, so unless we have a massive injury crisis let's keep him there.

Archived