Does winning impact the amount of away games you do?

CliftonMagpie

Nah, I get what you mean - it can be depressing but I could never attend games based on if we would win or if we are winning.

A few years ago I went to the majority of home and away games, I was bitten by the football bug but sadly most things these days involve the cost and other justifications. If I have the time and money, I will go. I miss going to games, but if winning bothered me I wouldn't have had a season ticket for all the years I have done.

As an exile it's a moot point for me anyway. But generally speaking, if we're struggling and going to matches feels like a chore, I'm more likely to give myself a weekend off and do other things instead. I never did while I was still in England but it might be different now when I've got more stuff going on in my life.

As many people have season tickets they keep going regardless, but it must be very easy to take an away game off with all the costs and travelling involved. All totally understandable. What I don't understand is when people travel five hours to an away match and then, with the result still in the balance, leave ten minutes early to beat the traffic!

I go to very few away games nowadays, not like the 90s when I went to every home and most away games from September onwards (always saw out the cricket season first). I think I lost the appetite for it during the trust years and haven't really regained it and I also have a wife who hates football, so I think it is only respectful to spend some time with her at the weekends!!

No, not for me it doesn't.  There's nothing I like more than watching Notts, and an away game just becomes a day out. I enjoy the travelling as well as the game. I'm lucky, being retired and on a company pension so I don't have to juggle work commitments to get to midweek away games.  My brother is in the same position so we travel together.

I don't ever consider NOT going, just because Notts aren't playing well. You either support the club, or you don't. Of course not everybody has the luxury of having the time and money to do it, but results alone will never stop me going. 

i know its a bit sad...but that's me  :-) 

Archived