POOR OFFICIALS: Is there another way?

Lozzle1

On Saturday, I watched Colchester player, Mandron, punch Shola Ameobi full on in the face as he lay on the ground, after a tackle. 

I have no doubt that Mandron INTENDED to punch Shola - because he'd 'dared' to tackle the ball from him - or that Mandron, had one of his team not moved him away. wouldn't have carried-on the 'fight'!

That punch was an 'assault'!

I, and many other watching the Match that day, witnessed it.

The Ref/linesman missed it as, clearly, Mandron should have been immediately sent off.

My question is: how seriously would the Police take a Report (or reports - if any other witnesses would like to come forward) of this assault?

And, might this be a way forward - if it continues to happen - to force the EFL into getting a grip on the useless/less than poor 'officials' they continually roll-out, each week?

I believe we'd only have to 'report' these incidents a few times, before the ensuing 'publicity' would make someone take note!

P.S. "It's 'expected' at this level, is NOT a good enough reason, imho, NOT to do it!

The police wouldn't get involved, it would be handled by the FL.

If referee's miss something, the player or club can file a report and the FL review it. This isn't very common, although the bottling of such decisions is something people have to except. I've seen players punched aggressively in my time and there's been no consequence at all.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think fans pointing out mistakes or the club would take any note.

fans complain on social media all the time, miss penalties etc and nothing changes. i think there is a bigger issue and its something which i do not think will change any time soon no matter what people do now.

Archived