Tomorrow's attendance

Chris

I think it's a fantastic offer, which has created another buzz around Meadow Lane and in turn it looks likely that it will help to break our highest attendance.

I say 'likely' because at this stage nothing is guaranteed, I mean there's controversy over the business that purchased tickets - only to use them as a way to encourage people to spend £50 in their stores (crazy and insulting if you asked me). I mean, just because x amount of people have purchased the tickets, it doesn't mean they will show up.

This is my concern, as I hope we do break the highest attendance and I think we will.

I'm just suspecting that it won't be a true sell-out, or full attendance.

At £2, the weather conditions could play a massive part - people might just not bother. In fact I know season ticket holders who have told me they won't be attending due to them expecting various forms of hassle on the day - which I can understand but I do think we should try to be there if it's possible.

What do you think?

its going to be hell in the kop but i welcome it.

i dont think fans saying that we will turn a profit understand the impact the bigger gates have on sales, i would be surprised if it increased by much and at two quid we are not bringing a lot of money in via the the turnstiles but we its a good one off.

7 hours ago, Chris said:

At £2, the weather conditions could play a massive part - people might just not bother. In fact I know season ticket holders who have told me they won't be attending due to them expecting various forms of hassle on the day - which I can understand.

Sorry, but I can't understand that at all.  Are you seriously suggesting that season ticket holders won't be attending  "due to them expecting various forms of hassle on the day"?  Absolutely incredible, ST holders won't bother going because it might be cold or a bit harder to get in than it usually is??????  How about them setting off 15 minutes earlier?  I can't wait to finally see a packed Meadow Lane again, any Notts fan thinking otherwise needs to be sectioned in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

I predict it'll be around 13,000, way short of the predicted amount - after all, it's "only" Crewe - but still an impressive gate.

Sorry Joe, but I predict your prediction will leave you with copious amounts of egg on your face.  As I understand it, the attendance is declared on tickets sold rather than actual attendees on the day, which makes a forecast of 13,000 laughable.

3 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Sorry, but I can't understand that at all.  Are you seriously suggesting that season ticket holders won't be attending  "due to them expecting various forms of hassle on the day"?  Absolutely incredible, ST holders won't bother going because it might be cold or a bit harder to get in than it usually is??????  How about them setting off 15 minutes earlier?  I can't wait to finally see a packed Meadow Lane again, any Notts fan thinking otherwise needs to be sectioned in my opinion.

If it's heavily raining we see poor attendances now as it is.

People who have picked up cheap tickets won't worry about missing the game, it's a potential possibility. Especially if these people are not fans, I already know of people dropping the £2 tickets or trying to give them a way.

Also some people are disabled, so what you consider to be hassle may not be manageable to them - I'd warn you politely about how your comments come across as I won't tolerate it.

You've taken my genuine concern very negatively, I wrote about how I hope the attendance is good and that we might see a packed Meadow Lane - I just doubt it will be jammed packed.

PS. Despite knowing several 'disabled fans' who struggle as it is, yet alone with the increased demand - I know of ST holders who aren't bothering because of the fact they expect trouble. It's quite fair considering people react negatively all the time, it's also their choice.

4 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Sorry Joe, but I predict your prediction will leave you with copious amounts of egg on your face.  As I understand it, the attendance is declared on tickets sold rather than actual attendees on the day, which makes a forecast of 13,000 laughable.

What? No, that's not how it works at all. :lol:

It's based on the tickets being scanned on the gates, hence the big uproar a few seasons ago to make people have their tickets scanned and to reduce the amount of people walking into games for free.

What your suggesting is that even the previous season(s) all the ST holders was accounted as ATTENDEE'S to a football watch whereby they did go?

Not true, not at all.

Clubs used to fake attendances but the FL/FA have been massively clamping down on this.

You're going to have a great day - anyone not attending because they won't get the usual four seats to themselves needs their bumps feeling. The whole point of having all those seats is to fill them! I'm painting the new flat today so it'll be updates for me only :( 

Like others have said, when the tickets are so cheap there's a risk that people won't bother using them on the day if the weather is bad. At Waldhof a couple of years ago tickets were "sold" for free - something like 20,000 were claimed but the weather was freezing on the day (it was the coldest I've ever been at a match in Germany) and the actual crowd was estimated as 8,500, which still looked like an overestimate to me. When you hear about companies buying hundreds of tickets each you do wonder if they've all found takers. But let's not be negative - it'll still be a good crowd, a good day and maybe a few people will discover/rediscover their passion for Notts because of it.

12 hours ago, Chris said:

What? No, that's not how it works at all. :lol:

It's based on the tickets being scanned on the gates, hence the big uproar a few seasons ago to make people have their tickets scanned and to reduce the amount of people walking into games for free.

What your suggesting is that even the previous season(s) all the ST holders was accounted as ATTENDEE'S to a football watch whereby they did go?

Not true, not at all.

Clubs used to fake attendances but the FL/FA have been massively clamping down on this.

I think you are wrong.  I was basing my claim on this from another site:

"In England the rules of the premier league say that attendance figures that are publicly reported should be the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Not the number of people who actually attend. (I understand the football league rules say the same, although I couldn’t find the precise clause.)"

I know Forest include ST numbers in their declared attendances whether they attend or not and have done for years.

18 minutes ago, Elite_pie said:
I think you are wrong.  I was basing my claim on this from another site:
"In England the rules of the premier league say that attendance figures that are publicly reported should be the number of tickets that are issued or sold. Not the number of people who actually attend. (I understand the football league rules say the same, although I couldn’t find the precise clause.)"
I know Forest include ST numbers in their declared attendances whether they attend or not and have done for years.

Thinking and, knowing are two different things Elite.

The Football League and FA do clamp down on this behaviour, I know this for a fact and I can name several English teams heavily punished by showing their attendances falsely.

12 hours ago, Chris said:

Also some people are disabled, so what you consider to be hassle may not be manageable to them - I'd warn you politely about how your comments come across as I won't tolerate it.

Where did that come from?  I never mentioned or even thought about anything to do with disability.  I simply took 'hassle' to mean a much bigger crowd than usual, and that I'd be surprised if any ST holder wouldn't attend because of it.  If it's due to disability that's a whole new discussion and one I never intended to be involved in.  You have put two and two together and made five here.

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thinking and, knowing are two different things Elite.

The Football League and FA do clamp down on this behaviour, I know this for a fact and I can name several English teams heavily published by showing their attendances falsely.

"Heavily published"?  I presume you mean punished.  If what you say is true, please name these clubs for me.

16 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

What about the above don't you think that I follow?

You took a small part of my post, twisted it and jumped the gun. I'm very aware of people moaning about the pricing, also a few who refuse to go for that reason - I never mentioned or referred to them. I was speaking about people 'expecting various forms of hassle' which you seemed to think was 'incredible' that they would refuse to attend. I also didn't mention ST holders as ALL of them, I commented about ones I know.

You suggested these people set off 15 minutes earlier, kinda jumping the gun there.

I would agree with seeing Meadow Lane packed, I want to see it myself. Yet adding 'any Notts fan thinking otherwise needs to be sectioned in my opinion' is offensive and, considering it's attached to the comments before hand I don't think it's warranted at all.

41 minutes ago, Chris said:

I would agree with seeing Meadow Lane packed, I want to see it myself. Yet adding 'any Notts fan thinking otherwise needs to be sectioned in my opinion' is offensive and, considering it's attached to the comments before hand I don't think it's warranted at all.

While it probably wasn't the best choice of words, I'm amazed you were offended by it.  If you really want to take it as a slur on people with mental illness then that's up to you, but it certainly wasn't meant that way.

No offence taken at all @Elite_pie.Whatever the attendance(however the final figure is calculated-I'll take Alan H's version) is I hope everyone enjoys a good game and result(for Notts)

4 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

While it probably wasn't the best choice of words, I'm amazed you were offended by it.  If you really want to take it as a slur on people with mental illness then that's up to you, but it certainly wasn't meant that way.

You shouldn't have wrote it end off, simple.

There's two attendances, one with ST's and one is the real attendances. The figure announced should be the 'real' attendance and clubs can land themselves in trouble for using the wrong one.

Club's need to announce and know the real attendance for multiple reasons.

I believe Charlton got fined for announcing the wrong one as a method to attract more via sponsorship.

I've had this clarified, including by a senior steward at Notts.

Clubs are taxed on tickets sold. Hence that is the important number. Attendance figures are a nonsense when you think about it. Who counts, directors of the away club? Ball boys? Delroy Facey? It is never a measure of the number of human beings inside the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Chris said:

You shouldn't have wrote it end off, simple.

Or maybe you shouldn't have read it the way you did, end of, simple?  I don't regret writing it because I know the way it was intended.  If I had put "Any Notts fan who doesn't want to see a packed Meadow Lane must be mad", or "Any Notts fan who doesn't want to see a packed Meadow Lane must be off their head" you could take that as a slur on the mentally ill if you really wanted to.  Anyway, I refuse to accept your warning because I can honestly say that no offence was meant, so I'll quietly log out and leave you to be offended in peace.

Notts achieved something special yesterday, I think the Stewards and fans deserve credit for the fact that the game went without incident.

It didn't seem quite possible that we would see the stadium packed, yet it was great to see Meadow Lane busy and for the Kop to be lively. I enjoyed seeing plenty of families attending, plus I don't know if anyone else noticed but some Forest fans also did attend the game yesterday. It shows when things are focused on the football itself, things can be just fine.

As I say Alan Hardy deserves to see some of these return and, I hope it's the case. The performance certainly warranted future support!

This discussion has been derailed enough, so I will be closing it after my response here.

I realise the comment above was made without thought, yet it should have been prevented further by a diplomatic response in my opinion. I am mindful of how people with not only mental illnesses may react to seeing such a comment, but also fans with physical problems. I accept it was a poor choice of words, yet to insist it shouldn't have offended is quite sad.

I'm happy to leave it here though.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived