Notts County agent fees fourth highest in League Two over last year

Joe Jones

New figures released by the FA show that Notts County are paid the fourth-highest amount of money in agent fees over the last year, the total standing at £76,426.

Indeed, four Midlands clubs make up the top four - Coventry City top (£113,620), Mansfield Town second (£85,940), Chesterfield third (£80,477) and then Notts.

What do you make of this news?

Guest gtownjohnno

Speechless.... Would love to see a breakdown of the players and agents involved....... Perhaps we could ask for our money back!!!!.... 

Supporter+

I take it that's the fourth highest in our league not in the whole football league? :biggrin:

Chesterfield 3rd?? Didn't do them much good did it?

Supporter+

Just seen the title does say in League Two, sorry, I blame senile dementia.

It seems to be an unavoidable part of the modern game, and what we've paid is mere pennies compared to the higher divisions.  The amounts paid out to agents in the Premiership can only be described as obscene.  Interesting that Accrington only paid £9,632 so is it really value for money?

36 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

All players have agents nowadays. It probably reflects the wage bill as a whole. What would interest me is whether it's gone down or up in recent years - I'm sure I remember us paying a good six-figure sum on agents during the Trew years.

Some are represented by themselves and in this case, they earn a bigger signing on fee.

There's still some players who don't have any sort of representation in terms of agents, yet it's not very common. I'm unsure who, yet it might be Matt Tootle here who doesn't have an agent. It would be interesting to see who does and doesn't have an agent.

Also, the Trew's claimed that they had reduced the agents fees from I League One days and I believe we managed it for at least one season.

Archived