Gavin Ward

Just back home from the Ricoh

a twitter from a Paul Berry sums it up....

You Retweeted

Sorry but the referee at Coventry/Notts County should not be let near another professional game for a very long time. Not even sure anyone appealed for the pen? 🙅‍♂️

Match ratings will have to wait...... Ref nul points, a la Eurovision

Supporter+

I’m away at the moment and watched the game with a Coventry supporting pal in the pub, even he said we were robbed and it was never a penalty.

It was scarily unprofessional by the referee, he bottled it and gave Coventry a very silly penalty.

Two Coventry players got caught laughing, referee pointed to the spot very quickly (I swear it was before the incident) - I'm not saying Gavin Ward had been bribed but he certainly seemed very quick to even the scores up at such a late stage in the game. He shouldn't be allowed to officiate another game, least not professionally but I suspect he will go unpunished.

Let's hope it adds fire to our players bellies in order to push past this stupid decision.

15 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

I've never been a fan of VAR, but decisions as ludicrous as that one makes me think again.

You can't even call it debatable, he got it 100% wrong.

it would have made a difference if it was used.

i am surprised they made a big thing about the goal line technology but did not have var.

Absolute joke of a decision but only Coventry City are laughing.I thought the City players, at times, went over the top with their in your face  protests to the ref ,especially (I think it was) Stokes.Is it the same ref for the return leg? It will be interesting if it is with a full? Meadow Lane  helping him with his decisions.

Archived