var trial for league two?

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

supposedly ah is keep to see league two have a var trial.

its amazing how some iffy decisions have people changing their opinion on the technology, i think the use of it needs improving before anywhere trials it but i do think its a good thing overall.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think there is work required yet due to the fact it’s like an American football the game stops the red looks at the play back I think some one on the screen relating to the ref.. it’s been a good trial don’t get me wrong and League two would benefit especially with the wo full refs ..! But still work to be done 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've said previously that VAR should be trialled in the lower leagues, it makes more sense but I think it needs streamlining so that decisions are made quicker.

I think currently it's pretty slow, some decisions will take time but for straight forward things it doesn't need to be this way. I'm fully behind the idea of it, I just don't think we are ready to have it trialled yet. If there can be implementations to speed things up, then cool go for it but I think we are a few years from having any sort of system ready for a satisfactory standard.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It will be a good thing when/if the teething problems are ironed out, from what I’ve seen it slows the game down too much at present but that can be improved on.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

VAR isn't the long term answer, it's only short term and highlights only further how poor officials are.

If you need technology to do someone else's job then it's clear that they are no good at it, so why don't we push to make officials professional and then see where VAR is in the future? This could seriously delay games if every questionable decision is used in this manner.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

It won't happen just yet, look how long goal lined technology took and we only had it available during the playoff games.

Archived