Walsall Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We only really played acceptably when Bell came on, sinking feeling watching Notts in the first half. It was horrible watching them pass us with 2/3 players and we have half the squad behind the ball. Our players create so much pressure on ourselves, any signs of a comeback early on was wasted and a real lack of forward passing. Just hoofing the ball!

Dumbuya had a great game.

When Bell came on, it gave us a push and I hate to say it but JCR didn't really show himself as an asset. I think he went on some great runs but he lacked, I guess I had an eye opener with UniPie but I still he's good enough for us.

It's strange how one player can make a difference but Bell really did.

PLEASE NOTTS WORK ON THE MARKING AND SET PIECES!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Pleased that we finally got a point but having listened to various accounts it sounds like the officials have been our undoing again. Where do they get them from?! Lets hope the tide turns soon and we get our fair share of the decisions going our way. A fit Bell could be the difference to our season. How did Manny Smith play?

Manny seemed a little loose early on in the game, although very calm and dedicated. He cannot be singled out, I thought he had a good game and slotted back in without trouble. At times he made some poor decisions, mainly how and who he passed two and there was a couple of times he blasted the ball into the stands but the pressure allowed to fall onto Notts became a joke at times.

Very stressful to see a team not pick players up, which we basically allowed them to play.

Bell - He put good balls in and things clicked.

Would like to see Bell start, I would also dropped JCR. :)

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

A point finally, should of been 3 but thats not going to change. We played better, but still need some improving. Onwards to the next game where hopefully we can get our first win.

• Content Count:  467

Manny seemed a little loose early on in the game, although very calm and dedicated. He cannot be singled out, I thought he had a good game and slotted back in without trouble. At times he made some poor decisions, mainly how and who he passed two and there was a couple of times he blasted the ball into the stands but the pressure allowed to fall onto Notts became a joke at times.Very stressful to see a team not pick players up, which we basically allowed them to play.Bell - He put good balls in and things clicked.Would like to see Bell start, I would also dropped JCR. :)

I hope Bell can be the answer to our midfield problems. JCR has never really hit the form of his first appearance away at Oldham where he scored a superb goal. Time for him to bench warm for a bit. :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Pleased to see us get off the mark today, Walsall are a good side and I would have taken a draw before the game but it seems like we were robbed of the win. How is this offside? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExW96AcsUI&feature=youtu.be

Refereeing/Linesman decision have gone against us in both games now that have had an impact on the result. It's not good enough but will anything change? No. Those officials are still paid and will be officiating somewhere else next week despite having a howler that could have big implications in the end of the season.

Sounds like we played well though. Well done Notts, lets get that first win next weekend now in front of the home fans :)

Well I've only looked at the video on my phone but to be honest I don't think you can tell one way or the other from that position behind the goal.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Stevenage next and hopefully 3 points,Then a few 'funny' fixtures with Liverpool inbetween.Interesting!

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

CK will have a full squad to choose next time?A chance to get a more settled side?

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I liked going, felt a little sick traveling but I enjoyed the match.

Glad we got a point.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Glad we got a point.

Hi @super_pie I used to feel travel sick when I was your age, I still do on boats but I'm ok on the bus now.

Glad you enjoyed the game, I bet you forgot your sickness when we scored the equaliser. :biggrin:

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

super_piePosted Today, 03:20 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed the match,super_pie but bring back 3 points next time please.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Oh how the game changed in the final 30-25 minutes!

Notts appeared to be a real force and in a strong driving position to take the game, these decisions ruin outcomes but overall we must be happy. Chalking 1 point is better than nothing, I like Walsall. Good drinks, food and friendly banter.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Glad we got a point.

Glad you enjoyed yourself mate. I get travel sick too, but only when I go on a coach. If I'm sat in front of a car I'm fine.

Hopefully we'll win the next game, give the team a cheer from me :thumbsup:

I hope he doesn't get this idea and decide he's going to pester (I mean ask) to sit near the front, even if he would be allowed. I'd end up on my tod, I need my travel buddy. LOL

He was fine once get off and had his sweets at the ready.

Just need to get him more involved and smiling throughout the game, he's turning into a miserable sod just like @super_ram haha

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98

I was keeping an eye on Manny Smith. He quietly went about his business. Didn't get as much stick from Saddlers fans from behind the goal as I thought he would, which was quite pleaseing.

Archived